Acquia - Good for your career, bad for your family | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Acquia

"Good for your career, bad for your family"

Former Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA
Former Employee - Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lot's to learn, lot's to do. Snack and drinks are a very nice thing to have. They try really hard to have a positive culture. Will look fantastic on your resume.

Cons

No project ownership. Many tasks are refactoring code, fixing bugs, or worse, adding features without any chance to fix the underlying code. Way to much process, easy to get held up for a week. Management gives no feedback until it's to late. Reviews are mandatory but don't matter when it comes to pay considerations. Some team members work constantly, at all hours and every day. This makes a 50-60 hour week light in comparison, and management encourages you to complete more projects to 'get on par'.

Advice to Management

Cut some process, be prompt with feedback and expectations, encourage project ownership and discourage project pirates.

Aug 9, 2013 – CEO

On behalf of Chris Brookins ......

We're sorry you had a negative experience, but glad you agree as many do that Acquia is a great place to build your career.

re: your points, I'd like to... More

Other Employee Reviews for Acquia

"Fantastic company to work for"

I have been working at Acquia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture and people that encompasses Acquia are unparalleled. Every day is enjoyable and people truly do look forward to collaborating.

Cons

Feedback and performance reviews are not systematic or regular. You have to seek it out yourself and expectations are often unclear.

Aug 9, 2013 – CEO

Thanks for your review. As the CEO, all comments are sought as we endeavor to create a great company with a long term future. We're very happy that you are having such a great experience.

It's... More

2. "Conducting user experience research"

Pros

Smart and talented people, passion, work on interesting problems

Cons

Start up, compensation, located in the burbs

Aug 9, 2013 – CEO

Glad you're enjoying Acquia. Yup on the smart, talented people. I love it to. And yup on the startup, compensation and burbs thing. All facts of life. Hopefully, we will continue to see great... More