Acquity Group - Awesome hours and cool projects, but compensation ain't great | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Acquity Group

"Awesome hours and cool projects, but compensation ain't great"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acquity Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours are awesome - people leave by 5:30 or 6. They're cool if you need to work from home or do some flex-time arrangement, as long as you bill your assigned hours. The clients and projects we get are solid and keep getting better.

Cons

The pay is poor. High-level execs have told me bluntly that the best way to improve your pay is to quit, work somewhere else for a few months, then come back. Company is totally driven by the sales department, so it's tough to advance outside of it. The Li-Ning venture isn't a fit for us at all and is a total mess.

Advice to Management

We keep hearing that our company is doing great - so let's share the wealth for once.

Other Employee Reviews for Acquity Group

"Poor focus and investment in employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acquity Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The type of work that Acquity does can be exciting, high-profile, and often cutting-edge. AG does allow for a certain degree of work/life flexibility that you normally would not see in other firms.

Cons

-Not a strong meritocracy; junior resources one year out of college with serious deficiencies are promoted because of their closeness to certain executives, while others are told flat-out "we don't promote one year out of college"
    -Lack of focus...why are we selling shoes and t-shirts?
    -Very little investment in employees, e.g., very ill-defined growth model for business resources, consultants, very few training opportunites, very little flexibility or say in staffing
    -The sales emphasis at AG creates a lot of "crash and burn" type projects which are under-scoped, under-staffed, and under-delivered.
    -Too much variance in deliver quality across projects

Advice to Management

-Please invest in your employees. Let the strong performers know they are valued, not commoditized.
    -Create an executive level role with a sole focus of making your employees happy
    -Create an executive - at least director level - level role that makes sure the way we deliver is consistent and abides by sound process. Come up with that process too, btw.
    -What you are doing with the IPO proceeds?

"Senior Associate - Technology"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Technology in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Technology in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acquity Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. casual culture
    2. Fast growing company
    3. Serves growing industry i.e eCommerce
    4. Good Pay
    5. Will get a chance to work on many, short duration, medium scale technology projects

Cons

1. Some clients are not polite and expect work done at rapid pace because they pay a lot on hourly basis
    2. They try to manage tasks on hourly basis
    3. Some clients expect you to be onsite. You can not work from Acquity office
    4. Taking long vacation sometimes becomes tricky

Advice to Management

Now the company is public sharing stock options would really improve employee commitment