ActionLink - Steady | Glassdoor

"Steady"

Former Employee - Product Demostration in Gurnee, IL
Former Employee - Product Demostration in Gurnee, IL

I worked at ActionLink part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job is seasonal and flexible. Projects are well worth doing as they pay is good. Learn new technology on the job. There is no micromanagement.

Cons

Job is hot during holidays but is not steady throughout the year

Advice to Management

Say thank you and well done after words.

Other Employee Reviews for ActionLink

1. "Great experience overall. Lack of leadership."

Current Employee - Field Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Field Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ActionLink part-time (More than a year)

Pros

worked for them, not for the income, but the experience and the LOVE of technology. Worked the position on the weekends only with no oversight the majority of the time so if you are well qualified and skilled in sales of what brand you are representing, you won't have a problem. If you love to get out there and talk with customers and sell, you'll love be a field rep.

Cons

The year I worked management happened to change 3 times. The managers never visited the stores so they could never comment on how you were really truly performing.

"Worst company I know"

Current Employee - Merchandising Representative in Council Grove, KS
    Current Employee - Merchandising Representative in Council Grove, KS

I have been working at ActionLink part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It does allow a person to travel to new and different locations and to meet new people to develop new business relationships. It does allow a person to set their own work schedule to some extent.

Cons

They will sometimes make it impossible for employees to file reports and get paid for jobs they have completed. They make it difficult to impossible to be reimbursed for excess travel expenses. The work level is inconsistent, for example I may work 50 to 60 hours for 2 to 3 weeks straight and then not have work for up to 6 weeks. The work is only part time and therefore employees are not entitled to any full time benefits. I have had 7 district managers and 3 regional managers in the first year of my employment. They don't pay enough for mileage expenses and the hourly pay is much too low.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better and make it easier to file expense reports. Try to make the work more consistent so employees can actually make a decent living. Train the managers better so there is more consistency in management styles. Fire half the managers and sales people you have now to save expenses and create more consistent management. You have too many managers compared to the numbers of employees.