Activant Solutions (California) - Where would you be with out us? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

"Where would you be with out us?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livermore, CA

Pros

the other employees, the company's software program, potential

Cons

When desicions are made, it either takes 4 to 6 months for something to start happening, or nothing changes. We are setup for failure from the start. Numerous employees give 110% or more of their effort and are receive 60-75% for their pay. The commission plans are set to reward you if you hit 100% or better, and if you hit that number you can expect a quota raise in the amount of your success. If you do not hit the 100% or great mark, you are stuck with "Decelorators". This is a great strategy to keep the company profitable and their sales team hoping to pay their bills.

Advice to Management

if you value us, why wouldnt you pay us like it? Please dont set us up for failure, if we win so do you!

Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

"Activant losing ground with inconsistent management and unstable RIF decisions to pump up bottom line numbers........"

Current Employee - Software Support in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Software Support in Plano, TX

Pros

My division has a very loyal employee group from the sole proprietorship days that work very well together despite the lacking talents of the "new" corporate executive management team. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest customer satisafaction producing an extremely loyal customer base ready and willing to provide prospect referrals. Even with the uncertainity of the next management move which most certainly includes additional RIF potential we still continuing to drive performance both in technology and support arenas.

Cons

Executive management has been unable to produce a focused, market-driven business plan based on the independent division strengths and weaknesses. Given the contraction of the current wholesale industry segment the ability of a company to work with their client base is imperative. This fact seems to be lost on those responsible for making or breaking this company. Seemingly arbitrary hirings increasing the executive salary load while reducing the "working" population with little regard as to the full impact these lost employees might actually have on the efficiency and effectiveness of the entire workgroup has made it difficult to remain.

Advice to Management

Listen to your successful work teams instead of trying to force them to follow proven poor business practices. Listen to your customers -- ALL of them -- not just a selected few from specific platforms. Realize that communication is the MOST important practice in times of uncertainty. Stop working from the top down and realize that it is the employee not management that keeps a business viable. Respect the talent that you have!

"It's time to turn things around."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Pros

Activant has some very talented people working for them. I've had the priviledge of working with such people for many years. Combine that with the loyalty and friendships made over the years with coworkers as well as clients has been very rewarding.

Cons

No bonus, no matching on 401K, forced vacations, limiting accrued vacations hours, remote locations are unimportant and are treated the same as or given the same respect deserved as if you were in Livermore or Yardley.

Advice to Management

When you have less people doing the same amount of work or more expect complaints from clients and deal with it. Take responsibility for it but do not act surprised by it and throw your employees under the bus. That's the cowards way out.