Activant Solutions (California) - I was proud to work for Triad, not so much with Activant. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

"I was proud to work for Triad, not so much with Activant."

Former Employee - Employee in Livermore, CA
Former Employee - Employee in Livermore, CA

Pros

Co-workers and supervisors are the best around. Long term relationships with customers are rewarding. Job assignments with lots of versatility keep job boredom at bay.

Cons

Supervisors & managers work hard to buffer the indifference (near hostility) of upper management towards the work force. The work force works hard to buffer the customer from the indifference (new hostility) of upper management from the customer. The customer has fewer and fewer reasons to invest in the "top of the line" when every corner is cut.
Every six months or so a new initiative is hatched. It gets a lot of fan fare, no follow through and never the funds or support needed for a successful campaign. Soon it is forgotten and yet another initiative planed. There have been dozens of them. Remember "do it once"? That was a successful, long lasting campaign from the 80's!
Meanwhile, I don't know a single field employee, (not familiar with the "in house employee" habits) be it sales, education or engineering who doesn't work many hours a week more than their paycheck reflects yet that does not constitute commitment at review time, it is expected. Dear Employee, Your company thanks you for your dedication to the well being and growth of the company. In recognition of your contributions we are awarding you with an NI and no merit increase,. Don't take it personally, we have to do it to someone in every department, every year, it's just your turn. Better luck next year.

Advice to Management

Loose the "us and them" mentality with both your customers and co-workers, yes we ARE co-workers. Granted, your pay is more than ours but you work for someone else too. Come back down to earth and realize you have not been successful. Please read these reviews as though they were your performance review. If they were, your next stop would be Monster.com. How bad is it going to have to get before you get some humility? Hiring consulting firms has proven to be an exercise in back slapping and ego inflation activity. Get back to basics. Call Ralph!

Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

"Bad Management"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist Senior in Hyannis, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist Senior in Hyannis, MA

Pros

Nice group of people in the team

Cons

BAD management. Decisions made with no reasons, no advancement, alot of talk -- no action.

Advice to Management

LISTEN to employees -- you talk a good game to customers, but inside we all know it is a lie. It is hard to give a good impression to customers when you don't feel any support coming from mgmt

2. "Some Things Will Never Change!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The people. Some of the most amazing people there. They were more like fmaily and friends than co workers.

Cons

Management has their own agenda. They do not care what you have to say as an employee. Just make your number. You tell them what they want to hear to close the deal. Tell them we will ship next month but ship it right away so we can cout the revenue. If they decide to not accept it, it is ok as we can recognize revenue twice! Sweet huh!

Advice to Management

I would recommend they update their resumes, as Activant is being readied for the take over. That is the reason they have more managers than they have salespeople.