Activant Solutions (California) - Great place to start my career. Should have left after current management took took over | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

"Great place to start my career. Should have left after current management took took over"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

The people. Good experience working with small business owners.

Cons

Watching management work is like watching a bucket of crabs. Instead of focusing on working together to get out of the bucket they focus of pulling each other down to make themselves look better.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the entrenched middle management that look to make the other managers look bad and blame frontline managers and supervisors for poor results and issues. Middle management is anyone not the president or a frontline manager.....

Other Employee Reviews for Activant Solutions (California)

"New name- same horrible leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Great customers, colleagues are great to work with

Cons

Poor management decisions have bad effects on the customers, management thinks that we have very satisfied customers, but they are wrong. Pervez was named CEO of the new Epicor- Epicor employees should get ready for your career to go down the drain. All the other posts on this company's thread are very much what I and so many others feel each and every day.

Outdated products, no organizational structure, no standard operating procedures, micro management, development doesn't listen to the customer's needs and satisfy them- they do what they want.

Advice to Management

The only thing we can all pray for is that Apax Partners (the investment firm that bought Activant & Epicor to combine them) will see this site and take note that the Activant side of this company is hanging by a thread. If we loose too many more people we are at risk of implosion. Our customers are NOT happy and it seems to get worse daily.

"Love the place -- ditch the antiques."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Good salary and benefits with room for growth!

Cons

Lots of business unit managers have been around way too long. They don't think outside their antiquated box and seem to be coasting until death or retirement.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the oldies who can't change.