Active Network - A good place to work with fantastic co-workers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

"A good place to work with fantastic co-workers."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Active Network full-time

Pros

I really like the people I work with. These are some of the brightest, most brilliant people I have worked with in the industry. Every company I have worked for has drawbacks, but the people I work with and the job flexibility to work from home when I need to outweigh any drawbacks I have yet to encounter.
Also, this is a growing company with a bright future in my opinion.

Cons

There are times when long hours are required. This is a drawback to the industry, not necessarily just The Active Network. Sometimes it is difficult to get the things needed to perform my job properly in a timely manner, but again this is not unique to Active.
In short, the only real cons to working here are inherent in the industry in any company of this size.

Advice to Management

I have found my direct managers and upper management accessible and receptive. I may not always get what I want, but I am heard and usually I get an satisfactory explanation answering my questions.
My advice would be to try to keep our key employees happy and work on employee retention for our top performers, and continue to recognize them publicly. I feel that feeling appreciated and valued can be as important as Salary (if not more so).

Other Employee Reviews for Active Network

"Good company, fun place to work, but management, especially in IT is in over their heads."

Former Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-weekly workout programs with onsite group training
    - flexible work schedule with the option to work form home
    - everyone is friendly and easy to get along with
    - Lots of interesting/cutting-edge technologies to work on

Cons

- MANAGEMENT! Especially in the IT department. The VP there is either in over his head or is clearly incompetent . Since he took over employee churn is out of control.
    - I had 7 managers that I reported to in less than a year - not even exaggerating one bit.
    - employee moral is low
    - no clear goals, too many projects started and then completely change direction half way down the road due to changing management priorities
    - no stock options!!!!

Advice to Management

Work on employee retention. Really! Make it a top priority. Keep those that you have and make them happy. Even if they are not your top performers, you should work with them and find other ways to motivate them. Promote from within! Reward your top performers. Otherwise, as you have seen, they will leave and follow the managers that do reward them.

2. "I look forward to going to work almost every day!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Active Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great products, Opportunity to work with bleeding edge technology. Many "pet projects" turn into full blown product offerings. The Mobile application product offerings are really maturing.
    Management is accessible. If I have a problem I know that I can go to my manager and speak my mind and get my concerns resolved.

Cons

Limited opportunity for promotion locally. If you want to move up and stay within the company sometimes you need to be willing to move out of Utah.However, if you are not "title conscious" moving up here means getting more responsibility and being rewarded for delivering on high profile projects.

Advice to Management

Getting a clearer message delivered to employees regarding the direction of the company as a whole. I know what we are doing in our office but it would be nice to see how we are tied into the rest of the company, at least more than every 6 months or so.