Active Network - Great co-workers. Nice place to stay put. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

"Great co-workers. Nice place to stay put."

I have been working at Active Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are fun, benefits are good and promotion of employee wellness programs via Activex.

Cons

No promotions within the company. Top mangament is not very friendly.

Other Employee Reviews for Active Network

"Good place to work overall with one caveat...pay"

Former Employee - Developer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Developer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture within the Development organization, flexible work environment, reasonably decent benefits, lunch time workouts, young workers, nice facilities. This is a great place to work if money is not all that important to you.
    Also, contrary to other reviews, there is plenty of opportunity to move around but you have to take the initiative and learn the skills necessary for the job that you want.

Cons

Look at the financial statements, money is tight. The pay is below market and raises are almost non-existent. I was a top performer for 4 years and I averaged around 3.5%/yr. Bonuses for the most part are strictly for top performers and they're usually disappointing. I once went to pickup my bonus from one of the VPs and as he handed me the check he said "you must have done something really special, not many of these going around this year" - It was $1k.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that you simply review your pay scales and the notion of "pay for performance". Every year you talk about "pay for performance" but then it never happens. You can only motivate people so much with "employee recognition programs" and little perks, people want to get paid. Also, as a public company, we see how much you get paid! So you can imagine how we feel when we're told there is no money for raises and then we see you sell a million dollars worth of stock. How about stock options for regular employees?

This may sound harsh but lay some people off. Expectations for employees are too low. Cut the weak performers and redundant employees loose, dump the load on the top performers, pay them more, and maybe you will turn a profit.

2. "Not bad!!"

Current Employee - Reservation Agent - Work At Home in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Current Employee - Reservation Agent - Work At Home in Saratoga Springs, NY

I have been working at Active Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work from home, which means saving on gas and car expenses. The job is interesting and I get to deal with a lot of people. Customers are nice most of the time. Management is great and is willing to work with you.

Cons

Pay is low ($7.50 per hour)

Advice to Management

Maybe the pay could be a little higher.