Active Network - Great place to learn a lot and see your software in action | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

"Great place to learn a lot and see your software in action"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT
Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Active Network full-time

Pros

Developers are exposed to lots of technologies and get to work with the entire stack. In other companies, you never know if the software you write will see the "light of day". Here, you see your software in action and actually get to travel to the corporate conferences and see attendees use the software you write.

Cons

As a larger company, some divisions are doing well and others are performing at a lower level. The business units that are performing well don't seem to see more resources or higher raises.

Advice to Management

Invest in the divisions that are high performing, including tying raise amounts to how well your division is doing. Grow and foster strong teams in each division and trust them to produce. Then hold the teams accountable who consistency miss goals.

Other Employee Reviews for Active Network

1. "it was a fun experience"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Active Network as a contractor

Pros

Good atmosphere, fitness program, nice people

Cons

compensation could be better in my humble opinion

2. "Do not work there. EVER"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of activities before, during and after work.

Cons

There is not direction in any department. A lot of turnover due to the wishy washy way they want to run things. Seniority definitely matters. If you don't have an in with someone there, you will not last very long. I've been there for seven months, and they've been probably the most miserable seven months of my professional life. Very disappointed because they promised this great opportunity and it is basically trash. No one appreciates the work done and there is a lot of criticism, but never anything constructive. Very, very sad it turned out that way. As soon as I get something else, I'm outta there!

Makes me nervous that a lot of executives have left and very vague reasons have been given for their departure. Something fishy is going on.

Advice to Management

Please get your heads out of the sand. Acknowledge the work your team does and praise. Cannot say this enough.