Active Network - Fun coworkers but management is pretty poor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Active Network

"Fun coworkers but management is pretty poor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun co-workers and enriching atmosphere in regards to living a healthy lifestyle. Used to have a good work/life balance.

Cons

Upper management. I felt there were never any true results. Too much political nonsense wouldn't let anything groundbreaking through. Work life balance is becoming a thing of the past given mandatory hours you must work (up to 10 hours a day?) Lame

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and you'll see them work harder for you. No need to set up rules to make people stay later. They will if they love where they work. No one loves working with jerks.

Other Employee Reviews for Active Network

"Active is a good place to work, in theory."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young crew of people working. Fun lunchtime workouts and extra stuff. Benefits are pretty good. Interview process was efficient.

Cons

No training. Poor management from the top down. When I asked for help, my managers response was that she doesn't like to micro manage and that I should ask another rep for help. She told me this several times. I wasn't trained on the product I was selling other than watching a video that was the same video that the customer could watch.

Advice to Management

Time to grow up. The company went through a lot of growth from a young company to now a major player, but has had some growing pains.

2. "Not Transparent"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Diego, CA

I worked at Active Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is fantastic, your colleagues become lifelong friends, ACTIVE X leaves you with no excuse to skip working out, the clients we work with are passionate, enthusiastic people.

Cons

The management is unqualified, and the biggest issue I have is their absolute lack of transparency. You don't know what you're getting paid, and once you do get paid, you have no idea what that commission is made up of. If you have any kind of bonus for a employee referral, that is managed by someone other than the person managing your commissions, etc. You shouldn't need to go through 9 people to get an answer regarding your pay, and then still not be satisfied with the answer.

Advice to Management

Your job is to motivate the people you're managing.