ActiveVideo - Toxic Environment | Glassdoor

"Toxic Environment"

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ActiveVideo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Product is technically interesting, and could change the cable industry if they were open to change.

Cons

The management team is a a clutch of sycophants surrounding an indecisive and ineffective leader. With the management team that is in place, the company hasn’t been successful yet, and is unlikely to move to success. It is an environment reminiscent of the 1950’s - very conservative and unimaginative. Innovation is non-existent. The product needs much work before it is production-ready. Because the company is not successful, there is little opportunity for employee growth. It is a culture of blame and political maneuvering.

Advice to Management

Hold yourselves and the employees accountable.

Other Employee Reviews for ActiveVideo

"Overworked, under-appreciated, and the product is not so great"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ActiveVideo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get exposure to an industry you otherwise don't have access to. Good to get but not stay with this company.

Cons

Too much management, not enough employees. No work life balance. They don't treat you like an employee, it is more like indentured servitude. Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and as a result it looks like they have egg on their faces with the customer too much. The product is interesting but currently doesn't really have money making ability so other than the flashy parts MSO's really should put their money elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Get a clue about how abusive your middle management is and how much your people are totally overworked.

"Exciting company and great product."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at ActiveVideo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great technology built by a hardworking and committed team. Most naysayers from the past few years are gone now. The team is growing with new people who really want the company to succeed. The market needs our product more than ever and we are delivering.

Cons

Don't come here if you don't want to work hard. There are more opportunities than we can handle and it is stressful sometimes. We are not as organized as we should be which causes us to waste time and do things twice sometimes.

Advice to Management

You have a tiger by the tail. Don't let go! Be sure your managers are doing what you think they are. Sometimes they are not.