Actuate - My experience has been great. Actu has allowed me to work cross functionally in my department with high level executives | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Actuate

"My experience has been great. Actu has allowed me to work cross functionally in my department with high level executives"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Actuate full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Actuate is a place where you can be surrounded by some outstanding, smart, motivated individuals and be challenged in your role. It provides the ability to work independently and in a team environment.

Cons

Not getting to interact with other organizations.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow employees to make an impact and bring the knowledge that they are experts in and apply it.

Other Employee Reviews for Actuate

1. "Great Company to work for."

Former Employee - BIRT in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - BIRT in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Actuate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good technology and work environment, great team and people. I like the open environment that you have a chance to learn everything and anything you want to learn.

Cons

I don't really have a con. If I must say one, I would say they may need to spend more energy and money to promote BIRT, a great open source tool.

Advice to Management

Work harder.

"Terrible on-boarding processes and middle school of the adult tech world"

Former Contractor - Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Former Contractor - Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Actuate as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

7 hour work days, relaxed and slow pace environment like that of a government organization. They embrace alcohol and parties. Their products are good.

Cons

Highly political, lots of back stabbing and subjective false allegations towards each other. Just dysfunctional especially to a newbie. Lots of comments to new employees such as "you should have known xyz from your last company". Males openly flirt with females and the females don't mind (not sure what falls under - weird?). childish behaviors.

Advice to Management

Your method of divide and conquer works wells and you are achieving your goals.