Acuity Insurance - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Commercial Underwriter in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-I truly feel valued as an employee. They treat us very well mainly through our benefits and random free lunches, events, parties, entertainment at work through out the year. -The company is doing well. We are financially strong and I feel like our leadership knows what they are doing. They get results and are transparent in where we are going and how we are going to get there. -Job security. Along with financial strength, I have no fear of being laid off. We have not had a lay off to my knowledge since the current leadership took over 20 years ago. - Plenty of room for professional growth as we continue to grow as a company and move into more and more states. They also offer professional development for just about anyone that is interested. -Benefits are as good as you can find nowadays including an 8% 401K contribution without putting in anything yourself. We have also gotten another 2.5% put in the past 5 years or so as a end of year bonus. -Overall, Acuity really is a great place to work. Insurance isn't the most exciting industry in the world but you are surrounded by a lot of good people that help make coming to work fun. Also, you can learn to have a passion for insurance just like anything else. If you told me I was going to end up working in insurance while I was in college I would have imagined a boring career counting down the days to retirement. That is not the case at all as I genuinely enjoy what I do and who I do it with.

Cons

Very few cons. I do think we treat employees a little too equal. In my department there is very little differential in pay among employees with the same amount of experience regardless of work load. We lost several good employees from my department over the last 3-4 years due to our competitors paying more. To Acuity's credit, they addressed this with department-wide raises earlier this year which brought several good underwriters back to the company. I hope this is a sign that we are going to do more to retain our good talent.

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, don't forget who we are at our core. I firmly believe the current senior management team . I still think we could do a better job of differentiating between employees pay within departments.

Acuity Insurance2019-09-19
  1. "Great Training and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Formal Training Program Growth Opportunities Great Benefits

Cons

You will not want to leave

Acuity Insurance2019-12-18
  2. "One of the Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

I have been working at Acuity Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

24/7 Fitness Center (27,000 sq ft), with multiple fitness classes throughout the day. Top notch benefits (Full deductible contribution to HSA, 8% 401k contribution w/o matching) Social/Happy Hours on Thursdays Standing desks Genuine sense of care from management and executives Family oriented company

Cons

Paternity leave on the lower side (5 paid days), but other than that....nothing! (I shouldn't be complaining about receiving too much free chocolate...haha)

Acuity Insurance2019-12-11

Discover more reviews about Acuity Insurance.