AdRoll - A dynamic, stimulating environment with an amazing culture that makes it a delight to come to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AdRoll

"A dynamic, stimulating environment with an amazing culture that makes it a delight to come to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing executive team that is always approachable. Makes you feel you're an integral part of something great and not just a cog in the machine. Casual work environment, yet highly focused on performance and doing great work.

Cons

None come to mind at present. I have to write a bit more to reach the 20 word minimum. Ah now I know... the company is growing so fast it's getting difficult to meet and know everyone very well.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, don't lose sight of the founding principles and core values.

Other Employee Reviews for AdRoll

"Solid product and brand, but company isn't what it seems from the outside (i.e. smoke in mirrors)"

Former Employee - Brand Solutions in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Solutions in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AdRoll full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good snacks
    - Team happy hours
    - Decent wage for a recent college graduate
    - Company/Brand has good recognition in the crowded retargeting space

Cons

- Terrible location (you will literally walk past crackheads, massage parlors, the highest crime corners in the city, and human feces to get to the office every day)
    - Very long hours with a serious lack of work/life balance
    - Company prides themselves on a high level of transparency and it's a core value, however, that is the exact opposite of the truth
    - Packed in an office like a can of sardines with recycled air and no ventilation or temperature control
    - Incredibly competitive to a flaw; new employees are thrown to the wolves
    - A bad example of a fraternity. Most organizations consists of differing opinions, challenging the norm, collaborative environments, and individuals from different descents and backgrounds. AdRoll has a horrendous lack of culture and individuality.
    - Unnecessary stroking of the oldest employees egos; instead focus on those you can truly grow

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves and start leading your teams properly. Aside from the CEO and Chief Architect who are great, you've all been given an opportunity to *join* a growing company and help propel it forward. Quit focusing on your own egos and career track and start focusing on growing and developing your employees. Leaders *lead* by example - leaving at 4-5pm because you have kids while your employees slave away at night isn't a leader at all.

"Awesome people, great product, and huge growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at AdRoll full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What jumps out at me about working at AdRoll is the people. The culture isn't defined by awesome parties, beer on tap, ping pong tables, or any of the other things that all SF startups boast. It's defined by a collection of individuals who trust each other, respect each other, and work together to deliver a killer product. Everyone cares, everyone plays a role, and everyone really believes that.

People take their job seriously, but no one takes themselves seriously (which is a company value). It's a group that I enjoy hanging out with as much as I enjoy working with them. And it means that in the years that I've been a member of the team, I have never dreaded walking into the office. Well, except the day after Bay2Breakers. That day sucks.

Oh, and we have awesome parties, beer on tap, ping pong, and everything else that a SF start up should have.

Cons

When you tell people where you work, they will inevitably respond "adderall? And then you'll have to pretend that it's the first time you've heard that.