Adknowledge - Great Opportunity | Glassdoor

"Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fast paced, ever-changing environment is very exciting, keeps you on your toes.
- You get out what you put in: hard workers who want to continue to grow are given that opportunity.
- Flexible PTO policy and it's actually encouraged to balance work/life.
- Small teams where one does not get lost, can actually make an impact.

Cons

There is always work to be done- if you're looking to put in a minimum amount of time/effort and skate by, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

- Continue to be transparent and share results/goals with the team.
- Continue to encourage communication amongst channels.

Adknowledge Response

Apr 8, 2014 – Communications manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for being one of the people who keeps us in "get stuff done" mode.

Other Employee Reviews for Adknowledge

"Dive In"

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adknowledge demands top performance from it's employees, and I wouldn't settle for anything less. This is right where I want to be, diving into the technology behind digital advertising and learning more every day. At my previous job I had to keep my head down, focusing on my little corner of the universe and nowhere else. Here, I can look forward, evolve with the industry and grow professionally.

Cons

This company asks a lot from it's employees, and can be seen as too demanding. While I agree that performance standards are high, I also think that the payoff is well worth it. Employees here are proud of their work, and are rewarded appropriately.

Advice to Management

Keep up the forward momentum, and continue to recognize top performers within your organization.

"Great company in a fast paced industry, but it has some growing pains."

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Adknowledge full-time

Pros

The company is very technology focused, which is definitely a good thing in the ever changing world of Internet advertising. The culture is laid back, but they expect you to work hard. Free beer at the end of the day, as long as you act like a responsible adult is great, as well as the flexible PTO. People can abuse their privileges, but at least the company expects you to act like an adult.

Career opportunities seem plentiful and work/life balance is infinitely better than any other company I have worked for. Work smarter, not harder is actually paid attention to here. Management works long hours, which is refreshing to see compared to some companies where all the work is dropped on base employees and credit is taken.

The catered Monday/Wednesday lunches are a nice touch as well. They do need to keep in mind food allergies, which they typically do well - but sometimes the lactose intolerant/gluten free are left out.

The biggest thing for me, coming from an ad agency that expected you to work day and night on crap pay, is the willingness to compensate people properly. Bonus incentives and focus on maximizing profit without all the kool-aid drinking I previously dealt with is huge for me.

Aside from the compensation focus, the knowledge required to have an impact is shared. The financial standing is shared on a monthly/quarterly basis. This can definitely stress some people out, but I prefer to know what my management team is planning so I can help grow the business in that direction. It's something I am not used to as various managers at my previous employer were constantly trying to one-up each other and freaking out, but no rhyme or reason was ever given.

Cons

There is not a lot of shared communication between business units/departments. This is definitely the result of management wanting to separate products so they operate as separate entities, but there could be a greater unified focus to grow as a company.

Ideas are plentiful, but sometimes acted on too rashly. Sometimes it seems that management wants to test out all their ideas without considering the impact if it goes wrong. It's great that there is an openness to ideas, but caution needs to be taken to avoid revenue loss.

As in any large company there are communication failures, but these are even more prominent with the team structure and multiple office locations. Also, since the company grew through a lot of acquisitions things have been put together piecemeal over the past few years. This causes tech issues, and a lot of time is consumed rebuilding/fixing it because whoever originally designed it is no longer with the company.

Lastly, training is sparse sometimes. They will assist you, but you need to be a self-motivator to learn things quickly.

Advice to Management

Take care when implementing new ideas. If these go poorly, they will impact one business channel worse than others. This tends to hurt bonuses and commissions for the base employee more than management, but I may be incorrect in that statement - it is just what I have seen.

Develop a stronger infrastructure, for both communication between employees and data sharing between business units. There is an abundance of ideas and data in this company, but it's a constant struggle to share it. Invest in a more modern chat software and build up/re-design the infrastructure so there are no compatibility problems between systems.

Carefully growing the company is the next step. Adknowledge is doing well as of this post, but rapid expansion can sometimes exacerbate current problems (i.e. the piecemeal tech infrastructure).