Adobe - educative and perfect | Glassdoor

"educative and perfect"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Design Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The opportunity of working with smart and nice people. Working on very interesting projects. Attending many educative conferences.

Cons

Like any other corporate system there is a defined way of design and as a designer your first job is to understand the rules and obey them.

Other Employee Reviews for Adobe

"Working at Macromedia before it was acquired by Adobe was exciting. Afterwards it became slower moving."

Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

It is a good working environment. I enjoy working with almost all my colleagues. It is not too demanding and work time is very flexible. I was able to work from home twice a week.

Cons

After the Macromedia acquisition all of sound it felt like we were working at a really big company. It was much slower moving and harder to get things done. Seems like we just keep acquiring companies since they can build things quicker than it would take to do within Adobe. We have had problems communicating to the development community the whole Flex story. There are certain people who just plug along and don't contribute much, while other good people were let go as part of the yearly layoffs. They reduced employee benefits e.g. ability to roll over PTO time from one year to the next eliminated profit sharing, instituted bonuses (at your managers discretion), and are now doing a forced week off each year, they tried to position this as if it was a better deal but no one bought that.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees. Promote someone else to CEO. Avoid the big yearly layoffs, especially since good people are let go and then you just start hiring again. Stop moving projects offshore.

2. "NA"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

Pros

Cons

i do not see any bad thing about the company, the company is famous, and it pays well to the employees, and it is in santa clara which were most people live so the company is close to home.

Advice to Management

I think the management is excellent at adobe and does not need any advice, i m sure you find the management great at adobe