Adobe - Great Intern Experience, I would recommend it to any college undergrad... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

"Great Intern Experience, I would recommend it to any college undergrad..."

Former Intern - Finance Intern in San Jose, CA
Former Intern - Finance Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands on learning, learning about a large company from the inside, learn about a particular career path and can develop your interests

Cons

Depends on your department, but sometimes there is no work to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Adobe

"Very smart people; very unfocused management"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The technical people, computer scientists and architects are some of the smartest and most passionate people I've ever worked for in over 20 years in software companies. There is an expert in anything - you're never more than 2-3 phone calls or emails from getting a very authoritative answer to any question.

Cons

There have been layoffs in 5 of the last 7 years. There is no job security, and no long term plans. Its virtually impossible to plan out more than 2-3 months of a project, and there is no vision on what products to build, what customers need. In the last ~3 years this has become one of the most chaotic, me-too organizations.

Advice to Management

Please, oh please, figure out where you want this company to go, and focus on getting there. You're far too scattered and ambiguous to be successful. Remember when Adobe was known for Photoshop and Acrobat? What is Adobe known for now? Mediocrity and chaos.

"Great place to work with good people, plenty of advancement opportunity."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance for the most part. There is a high value on PTO from upper management. Family first. Advancement opportunities if you have the drive to learn and move up. The company is still small enough to know a lot of key people up to Ops Staff.

There is a huge push to improve the workspace on a global level and it is making it an even more enjoyable place to work.

There is also a new welcomed push from HR to remove the annual review process. This is a huge innovated step for a company this size. It shows that HR is listening to the employees and making changes.

Ultimately, Adobe is a great place to work because of the people I work with. I genuinely enjoy working with most of my peers. It creates a solid experience.

Cons

The HR policy that restricts the salary increase when you move to a new position. Too many new jobs where you completely change roles are considered "lateral" moves and thus not eligible for an appropriate salary based on the new job or stock options.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the HR policy around around lateral moves and new positions within the company. Career advancement should also be rewarded financially.