Adobe - Excellent place to work all around | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

"Excellent place to work all around"

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people -- super smart, friendly, hard working
Great products
Offices are VERY nice (SJ and SF at least)
Employee discount on products is like 90+% (huge discount), and we can hook up friends.
Great other benefits
The right amount of vacation time
Old products shipped to India for maintenance so we can work on cutting edge stuff in the US (this is a good thing!)

Cons

If you work on an old product, Adobe is in the process of rennovating itself, so you might fear layoffs. However even in that case, if you are on top of your game, you'll get rehired by another team before even your last day. If you do get laid off, Adobe gives a 3 month severance, which is huge.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of great ideas in the company, and people willing to work on them... stop getting in the way. It takes too many people to make decisions, if you find people that believe in something, empower them instead of putting them through 10 levels of approval. We have some crazy awesome IP here, we can revolutionize the world. With the IP we have, one senior dev can make Instagram in a month.

Other Employee Reviews for Adobe

1. "Great company, great benefits"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work with smart people. Creative ideas are encouraged. Ability to move within the organization.

Cons

Overlap of responsibilities. Consensus approach to most decisions. Difficult to tell who is in charge. Digital marketing unit is growing but they have high expectations that they may not reach.

Advice to Management

Give a little more clear direction to employees. Have a little more direct responsibility for tasks.

2. "Great company with a compelling vision for growth"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adobe offers exciting work in a fun, growing space. They have a clear, compelling vision for where they are taking this mature software company. Great opportunities lie ahead and Adobe is well positions to capitalize on those. Being a part of this company was exciting and fun

Cons

Opportunities for internal growth and advancement were very limited.

Advice to Management

Look for more ways to reward top talent and provide opportunities for growth.