Adobe - Ability To Make Things Better or Worse For Millions Of Customers | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

"Ability To Make Things Better or Worse For Millions Of Customers"

Current Employee - Group Product Manager
Current Employee - Group Product Manager

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

Adobe provides an amazing opportunity to create software that millions of people around the world use every day to make their own business work - that fact continues to amaze and motivate me and many people I work with. Lots of people I have spoken to who have left Adobe to pursue other opportunities seem to then want to come back, partly because of that opportunity to reach so many people. More generally it's also a company that pays well compared to many of the other tech companies, and has great benefits. It's also a company stuffed with talented and clever people which makes it a great environment to work in.

Cons

Every couple of months our middle to upper management tell us that the company needs to take some kind of new direction. There is often an air of 'Oh, last month's plan was created by someone who was an idiot, but THIS plan is really the one that will save us'. Then plan then inevitably changes yet again a month later. This means that it's very difficult to create and grow products or teams that become sustainable and meaningful. Likewise for middle to upper management, seemingly the ONLY thing that matters is strategy, or 'the slide deck'. Little time is spend understanding or driving real execution. It seems to many that our executives believe that execution is something that the magical pixies do with when they've gone home. All these frequent changes have led to an environment where everything is a drama, everything is needed yesterday, and asking or even expecting people to work crazy hours is considered the normal. Even worse, success is measured in terms of movement, and NOT the actual outcome.

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing your management teams into real managers and leaders. Apple think's it's important enough to have it's own university, and we think it merits the occasions one day training.

Create more accountability - when was the last time that someone was held accountable for a failed project or product?

Fail fast is NOT a company strategy. It is simply a Valley buzzword that is used as an excuse for not doing our jobs properly.

Other Employee Reviews for Adobe

1. "Standard big software corporation"

Pros

Interesting work and reasonably good co-workers.

Cons

If you're remote you're a second-class employee.

Advice to Management

We need something relevant.

2. "Clearly Not Enterprise Ready"

Former Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment (either San Francisco or San Jose), great cafe's at both locations, easy access (3 blocks from CalTrain in either location).

Cons

Serious lack of leadership; poor HR management; lack of vision; no enterprise focus; low-balled my comp; mis-represented expectations

Advice to Management

Either do Enterprise or don't do it. But don't do it half assed.