Adobe - Awesome company | Glassdoor

"Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Professional environment; smart hard-working coworkers; projects are very interesting and well-run for the most part; facilities are amazing; upper management has vision; the food is really good; employees are treated well with awesome benefits and two shutdowns per year; proud of my employer for being environmentally and socially conscious.

Cons

Not always enough people resources to get the job done effectively. To create a quality product, I'd have to work around the clock, so I have to make decisions about quality or completeness that I would rather not have to make.

Advice to Management

I understand why management makes the decisions they make. I trust that the big picture makes sense. I just don't like it from my perspective, down here at the ground level.

Other Employee Reviews for Adobe

"Great place needing some structure"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great brand , fantastic engineering team , amazing benefits that include 5 weeks of vacation plus 2 weeks of sick time , sabbatical after 5 years

Cons

Zero career path , only talk but no serious thought to developing career , lack of communication to all levels for a company of this size

Advice to Management

Focus on having a defined career path for your people . Titles needed to be reconsidered given the kind of strategic work we do . No career growth whatsoever . Look for more ways to engage and motivate your employees . Easy way is to at least see other companies in your space and replicate .

"Great place collaborate with smart over-achievers"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Focused operational excellence. Customer first attitude. innovative and willing to take risks. Pragmatic and business results oriented. Willing to listen to ideas from across the company.

Cons

Consensus driven culture can make it difficult to drive projects forward. It can be difficult to strike a balance between top priorities and secondary priorities, leading to a black and white either or approach.

Advice to Management

Don't hold back. Be willing to take bigger risks. Push decisions down into the organization and empower individuals to execute like entrepreneurs.