Adobe - Think Tank for Internet technologies | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

"Think Tank for Internet technologies"

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

My team and I write code that is executed on over a billion computers -- 98% of the world's internet-connected computers. No other company has a product that can boast this. We brought TV to the internet, and won a freakin' Emmy award for it. I feel extremely privileged and happy to be working at Adobe. My co-workers are geniuses, all as smart as the guys at Google.

Cons

Senior management is getting greedy and insecure, and it shows in some of their big decisions.

Advice to Management

Get your greed under control. Make decisions that will make us thrive in the long term, not so much in the short term. $1.8B was way too much for Omniture, and it was purchased out of a sense of insecurity. We should have bought On2, and we should buy Unity, ASAP. Also, we'd like free lunch in SF, if not every day, then every monday and wednesday or something :-)

Other Employee Reviews for Adobe

"Still good place to work"

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

Pros

Pretty good salaries and excellent benefits, very nice environment with personal office for every engineer. Work on products everybody recognizes. Almost no everyday pressure from mid-level management, with accent on overall performance.

Cons

Management chain sometimes is way too long and includes middlemen far from both engineering and decision making. Engineering job title structure is flat (it's common for Adobe to have Computer Scientists with 10+ years of experience and Senior Computer Scientists with 15-20 years) - might be a problem when you change a job.

Advice to Management

Less concentrate on Flash and stop war with Apple. Do not send so many jobs to Indoa and China. Flatten the management chain.

"Great company but difficult career growth"

Current Employee - Software QE Developer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software QE Developer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Adobe is a good company with great products. If you are on the right team you could be working on some cutting edge technology.

Cons

As the company has grown some of the teams have grown large and there is lot of maintenance work. There are some very smart and senior people and it could be difficult to receive promotions.

Advice to Management

Management should address the growing bureaucracy in the company. Adobe should also give more attention to employee career growth and development.