Adobe - Adobe Product Marketing review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Adobe

"Adobe Product Marketing review"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I like working for Adobe because I have the opportunity to work with fantastic people while developing and marketing best-in-class products. My colleagues and management are hard-working and talented individuals whom I enjoy working with. Many of my colleagues are not only co-workers, but they have also become good friends.

We make products that enable our customers to communicate and collaborate engaging ideas. As a product marketing manager, I gather feedback from sales and customers to help make our products even more powerful. In addition, it seems that nearly everyone I know outside of Adobe is an Adobe customer in some way shape or form. Many Adobe customers are very passionate about the products and love sharing feedback. Typically when it comes up in conversation that I work for Adobe, I end up in very animated discussions.

Cons

Adobe is a pretty large company and with our size comes bureaucracy and process. While I recognize the importance of process, sometimes the amount of process at Adobe can be stifling and frustrating. This is especially true for newer products that don't fit the mold of the core products.

While Adobe has a very collaborative environment, sometimes it is a little too collaborative. Combined with the process, the collaborative environment can lead to drawn out decisions. By taking too long to make decisions, sometimes we miss the boat on large opportunities.

Other than process and the tendency to draw out decisions, I cannot think of any other downsides.

Advice to Management

Continue the quarterly all-hands meetings. They provide a great forum for us to gain more perspective about recent results as well as the vision of the company.

Other Employee Reviews for Adobe

"Excellent place for work."

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

You cannot beat the city of San Francisco!

Cons

Company is not growing much recently, which reflects to your personal ability to switch positions or grow career faster.

Advice to Management

Grow Adobe into bigger company. Buy more office space in San Francisco and expand!

"Great company, great culture, great products that you can be proud of; just with nonsensical HR policies."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

Supportive culture, encourages risk taking and bottoms up decision making

Cons

HR policies around "equity" are horrible, specifically around people who move up in responsibility. You have to "boomerang"- move into a job where you're paid below industry standard, but that grants you increased responsibility; use those new skills to move into a similar, but higher paid role, at another company; then come back to Adobe later for the great culture.

Advice to Management

Revisit HR policies to ensure that you're investing in developing and retaining star employees.