Adolescent Growth - Great team of honest professionals working hard to make a difference. | Glassdoor

"Great team of honest professionals working hard to make a difference."

I have been working at Adolescent Growth

Pros

I have worked for this organization for nearly 7 years. I have grown as a professional and as an individual. I have been treated respectfully and honorably. In turn, I have had the opportunity to work with the very best therapists, psychiatrists, medical assistants, client care specialists; across the country. I have always been listened to and my thoughts and ideas have always been considered and welcomed. I have... been given opportunities to gain knowledge, advance my education, and further my career in the field of mental health and addiction. I have witnessed talented, young interns grow and blossom into licensed clinicians. My co-workers are like my second family. The environment can be very intense as we heal hurting families who come to us for help in all areas of their life. We answer the call every time. The admissions department, quality assurance department, accounting department, human resources department, utilization review department, our clinical teams, dietitians, floor staff, culinary staff, and outreach coordinators are top notch. The work culture allows for everyone to have the opportunity to collaborate and branch out in our organization. Our entire organization works hard each and every day to help the most vulnerable humans gain their lives back and enter recovery in a very challenging society. I feel fortunate to have a great job and I have been given the tools to be successful. My work ethic and my core values are in alignment with this organization. Working alongside the owners has shown me what it means to be a worker amount workers.

Cons

It’s hard work. It may not be the ideal job for someone who is not able to fully commit to the clients and their families.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are admired and appreciated by your employees and the community.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-02

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great people, reasonable salary"

Current Employee - Admissions Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Small company, intimate settings (CEO sitting with you in the same office, glass doors allow you to see the CEO and vice versa); 2. Receptive to Feedback (Even though I'm pretty new to my position, I've made several suggestions to the company and they took them very well.) 3. Equal opportunity environment and diverse workforce (I have Muslim, Christians, Atheist co-workers from at least 4 countries all sitting... under the same roof and being kind and nice to each other, love it!) 4. Clean and professional work environment (the office is on the 2nd floor of an office building, gorgeous interior designs, clean and cool). 5. Sincere and kind people (So far my impression on everyone in the office is that they are all very kind and nice, not to say that they are perfect, but I think their kindness is sincere and not fake.)--I think the people might be the most valuable assets of this company. 6. This is a growing company--which means that you will have opportunities to make a difference. However, if you just want to find a job and settle, you might as well find a larger firm and settle there. This company will help you to thrive if you are a self-starter, a leader, someone who is courageous and have an entrepreneur spirit. 7. Good surprises--since this is a small company, it has pleasant surprises for people here and there. For example, on my first day to work, I was invited to a super nice theater 2pm in the afternoon and watched Lion's King for free and was offered free drinks of my choice! After the movie, we were all sent back home to rest. That made my day.

Cons

1. Room temperature might be a little bit too low (this is the building manager's issue, though, not the company's issue)--still can't fix the AC, but I think it might be due to the fact that I'm female--all my previous male co-workers would think it's just right. (My previous company had the same struggles) I fixed this by adding on myself several layers of clothing...lol... 2. All the cons you might think of as a... small company... might apply here. 3. I will write more as I continue in my current position. I want to be honest with people who are out there looking for jobs: expect a reward, only if you put your efforts and hard work into your job, you will shine and be rewarded! (Gold will shine wherever it is!) I'm the type who works hard and expect to be paid afterwards, if they don't, I will let you know!

Advice to Management

I think I will write more in the future, as I'm still new to my position.

Adolescent Growth2019-08-29

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Academic Coordinator

I worked at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

the time spent with clients

Cons

terrible management high turn over rate low pay no communication high anxiety

Adolescent Growth2019-10-05

Discover more reviews about Adolescent Growth.