Advance Auto Parts - Good people, a learning experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Good people, a learning experience"

Former Employee - Parts Professional Associate in Kokomo, IN
Former Employee - Parts Professional Associate in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Advance Auto Parts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The managers were devoted to creating the best work environment possible. They were very flexible with scheduling, and went above and beyond to teach employees the ropes.

Cons

A steep learning curve for someone outside of the automotive industry. Many "tests" that were required to be done on personal, non-scheduled time.

Advice to Management

Keep the customers and employees first, always strive to create a positive and respectful work environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Company does not value it's employees."

Current Employee - General Manager in Albany, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Albany, GA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is OK. Team members can make your job easier. Customers are usually nice.

Cons

Every position above manager acts like they are better than you. They do not want to hear any complaints. Just do it. It started off at 50 hours with 1 hour lunch you don't clock out for, now you have to clock out. This added 5 hours to my week without extra pay. I do not get to spend any time with family. My schedule is not flexible. I have to work weekends and every Monday and Friday.

Advice to Management

Do not treat managers of good stores the same as mangers of under performers. Give managers more time with their families. At least every Sunday off.

"time to change"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has endless opportunities to be the best but those at the top of the company do not have no clues about running a store.

Cons

This new ignite system they put in place is not helping us to dominate the industry we are in. we need new merchandise that car lovers a looking for. we need to have our stores more inviting. Stop managing from the main office our districy leaders are over worked with all the report and meetings and stores audit they have to complet. No wonder they do not spend no time in the stores .

Advice to Management

Free the district leaders with less report and paper work. let them spend some time in the stores and mingle with the employees and customers for a full day without disruptions from the top leaders. Have our district leaders have a full day of fun in their stores to create a fun ambiance