Advance Auto Parts - Advance Auto Parts GM | Glassdoor

"Advance Auto Parts GM"

Pros

Good people and for the most part motivated

Cons

Training a little disorganized but effective non the less

Advice to Management

Don't throw new people in a store somewhere and and then not follow up with them.

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

1. "they just go through the motions..."

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

i got promoted very quickly.

Cons

because they let the people who had been there for more time go...made up reasons to fire people...let others get away with anything....corporate just tried to sweep things under the rug and pay less money...my supervisors were real back stabbers...it was a weird experience. i couldnt believe the culture of lying....and i've worked at a wal-mart...

Advice to Management

care about people....customers and employees...not just keeping jobs...doing a good job

"This company is seriously out of touch with reality."

Former Employee - Assistant Retail Mangers
    Former Employee - Assistant Retail Mangers

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the past there was a company culture and identity. Not anymore.

Cons

Whatever happened to the slogan "People are our best part?" Company very discriminatory toward women. What's worse, I had one of the highest customer satisfaction rates, highest sales rates, and on my own I took auto tech classes with my money, all because I wanted to be better at the job and hoped to be promoted. This company is a total lost cause. Upper management needs immediate removal and replacement by people with serious and in-depth automotive industry experience. Not just "retail experience." Not Best Buy, not Blockbuster, not Circuit City... not Target. As for human resources, if you knowingly refuse to respond to calls, get a new job. I am sick and tired of the PR bull from these people. They are well aware of significant problems, but they just put a nice veneer on it and sweep it under the rug. Wonder what will happen if the company accepts a leveraged buyout with Blackstone Capital. I won't be around to see. Apparently this company values minimum or close to minimum wage pay grades versus loyalty, parts knowledge, and human dignity and compassion. I hope they get whats coming to them, and fast. I have no sympathy for these people. On a side note, I know of two long time employees, one of whom was with the company 17 years, one of whom was with them for 10, who were terminated prior to their expected retirement. That is sickening. Especially considering one of them was a Master ASE.

Advice to Management

Live by your morals or find alternative employement.