Advance Auto Parts - general manager 16 yr with advance | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"general manager 16 yr with advance"

Current Employee - General Manager in Mobile, AL
Current Employee - General Manager in Mobile, AL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay Good benefits Good area Management ie RVP,DL

Cons

The company will not let managers run their stores.We are the head key turner.We used to write our own budgets, staffing templates and got to manage our stores. Now corperate runs the store. They tell us when we work when our team works and what we do each day. Used to have a good quality of life work balance.The hiring process takes too long and is to complicates fro the person applying and for managers to key in.

Advice to Management

You need to trust the people in the store. We are your frontline with the customers. You need to go out and work in the stores not just stop and visit I mean clock in work an 8 hour shift for a whole week. See what we get to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Don't do it!"

Former Employee - General Manager in Lagrange, GA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Lagrange, GA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being able to help people solve problems.

Cons

No time with family, must be a puppet, no say in how to run a store, changes daily, MICROMANAGED every minute of the day. After 14 long years I was let go for something someone else did and I was not aware of it. Often belittled by DL and they say they will back you that is a joke they back the customer period and will dog you out in a second!!!! The store does the work and everyone else above them reaps all the rewards will little or no effort!!

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics and really start caring more about your people and less about how to line your pockets and the stock holders pockets. If you treat the people at the store good then they will do whatever you want them to. If you want to pay minimum wage then you will get minimum wage work and you are asking for way to much and to many changes everyday! GET BACK to Basics like selling car parts!

2. "Probably the best auto parts store to work for."

Pros

Company knows how to treat it's employees well.

Cons

Pay is a bit low for non managerial sales personnel.