Advance Auto Parts - I enjoyed my manager and the company overall | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"I enjoyed my manager and the company overall"

Former Employee - Sales in Ellicott City, MD
Former Employee - Sales in Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Advance Auto Parts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of training, great management, quick turnaround for out-of-stock items. I enjoyed the spiffs also.

Cons

I had no major complaints.

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Don't try to make a career there"

Former Employee - General Manager in New Haven, CT
    Former Employee - General Manager in New Haven, CT

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was a fun place to work as long as you are doing your job. I like what i do selling parts
    and helping customers solve their problems,. in doing that i am also helping my company to reach
    its goal which is to take care of their customers and reach their financial goal.

Cons

they have no loyalty to their employees regardless how long they was with them

Advice to Management

do your very best at you position

"Unthankful and unappreciative"

Former Employee - Sales Person in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Slowly diminishing to none, all that's about left is the discount and that will probably be gone soon

Cons

Thought I seen it all but it hit the lowest level the other day- and e-mail degrading the store employees because sales goals where not met.
    In-store riff between retail and commercial cause by division and corporate meddling.
    Greed has taken over this once proud and professional company that DID truly help the customer with there problems- Now it all about how deep one can get into the customers pocket be means of items they do not need or poor quality parts.
    Poor retail customer service due to manning levels being shift to the DIFM .
    One person at the retail counter will not and is not working. More and more people are walking out the door to the other 3 auto chains that are within 2 miles. Either give up the free services or staff the stores so we cant provide what corporate advertises.

Advice to Management

Advice is not wanted by higher authority- But get back to the basics of good business practices, take care of your employees and they will take care of the customer 4 fold. Realize that when a customer hits that door the one means of transportation they have is broken and they are not happy in the first place. They are not there to buy high end clothing a TV or a computer, they want to fix the vehicle as reasonable as possible and with the state of the economy they are not interested in a FIOTM or a pack of jell. Try respecting you employes and treat them as a person and not a automated number. If not you'll lose your 4 columns of experience people .