Advance Auto Parts - Good place to work, if you have a thick skin. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Good place to work, if you have a thick skin."

Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Williamsport, PA
Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro in Williamsport, PA

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Helping out the customers that need your help, it feels good to do something that I find simple that makes a customer's day. I truly respect most of the people I work with, most have the knowledge and skills that help the store thrive and make customers happy.

Cons

Well the pay and the hours are less to be desires. Even if you have the education and credentials you are still treated like a burden because "you didn't put the time in". Some management is a victim of the "retail curse": "Well you've been here long enough, would you like to run the place". The computer systems are awful, I use my smart phone so many times during the day to find thins for customers.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the people who make a difference at the bottom line, not the people you're friends with.

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Not a good place to work."

Current Employee - PARTS COUNTER PERSON in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - PARTS COUNTER PERSON in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly rate was pretty good, but only because I negotiated it. Alot of the coworkers were really nice, and I enjoyed working with them.

Cons

The management was absolutely the worst; they talked down to you and teated you like an idiot ! I had a problem with the management that was race related, and tried to contact H.R. at the home office, but they refused to do anything about it!

Advice to Management

When you have people that are knowledgeable and can bring in the sales, treat them well ! When someone does something good acknowledge it instead of using the moment to bring up something petty!

"Fairly soul crushing"

Pros

Flexibility, laid back management, things get done eventually but it's not a hard job

Cons

Getting written up for stupid things is like going to the principals office, upper management talks to you like your a child, pay is embarrassing. Sales associates are trusted with nothing everything is locked down for manager approval.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect.