Advance Auto Parts - Good but not for long term | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Good but not for long term"

Current Employee - Mobile Parts Pro in Akron, OH
Current Employee - Mobile Parts Pro in Akron, OH

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful working conditions, low stress, easy to keep a job

Cons

Low pay, little to no raises, if you want to work full time prepare togive unlimited availibility

Advice to Management

It would be easier to hang on to your good employees if you tried to reward for years of service. A full time empoyees for 5 years should be able to break $10/hr but not at my store..

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Crummy Retail Environment, little room to excel in the company, terrible corporate policies."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is a very corporate buzzword, stereotypical retail environment. Normally a bad thing, but generally if you have a decent district manager, and show interest in moving up within the company, you will do fine. One thing I would suggest is that if you're interested in working at any type of auto parts store, try to work at or transfer to a store located in a nicer area. I had worked in one of the richest areas in my state for a while, and the job was very rewarding. I transferred to a store in a much poorer area and it was quite different.

Cons

As a sales associate you're expected to constantly be working on a dozen things at once. Unless the GM is competent, you'll find yourself either in the back of the store smoking cigarettes with management, or up front alone do their job. It's very high stress, and your mileage will vary drastically depending on how involved the other employees are with just doing their job.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "Great balance of work vs family"

Former Employee - IT in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - IT in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well balanced and solid IT leadership team. The IT Leadership team really worked hard to understand their business partners while striking the balance of innovating.

Cons

A few fire drills, and management had to "grow" to understand what needed to happen. The company has a lot of legacy and old systems, so there are some definite challenges in staying "up to date" on new technology while simultaneously supporting the old.

Advice to Management

Understand the business at a deeper level. Senior management should really attempt to understand the customer as well. The leadership in MI felt disconnected from the Roanoke team.