Advance Auto Parts - Store Manager with the company for over 20 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Store Manager with the company for over 20 years"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Store Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best reason to work for Advance is the people. The employees truly care about helping customers. Many of my employees have been with the company for over 10 years. They care about their jobs and want to provide excellent service.

Cons

The pay is very low at the management level. My income qualifies my children for state aid, and I've been with Advance for over 20 years.

Advice to Management

Increase salaries for store managers. Hire more parts pros so that the managers don't need to work 65+hours a week on salary.

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Working for advance was okay"

Current Employee - Sales Person in Pataskala, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Person in Pataskala, OH

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros were the people I worked with were fun to be around.

Cons

The cons of working at advance auto parts is that the schedule is always changing and it impacts your social life.

Advice to Management

Upper management tries micromanage everything.

"Buy your own uniform, change batteries and get paid less than $10hr. Not the American Dream"

Current Employee - Retail Parts Pro = Cashier That Sells Parts in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its better than being unemployed

Cons

Low pay. Buy your own uniform. New schedule posted 3 days before following week

Advice to Management

If you want your salespeople to upsell and add on items, pay them some commission! You make a sales goal then offer no reward but continually tell the employee to get their numbers up. If you offered a commission based bonus on extras your sales would double. Double! Pay for your employees uniforms. I think its ridiculous that I have to buy your shirt to work for you, how cheap is that? And you dont buy them back when we leave. Maybe put an awning out front so when we are changing batteries, lights, checking engine codes etc. in the rain or baking sun we can have some protection. Just some things employees constantly talk about.