Advance Auto Parts - Commercial Manager | Glassdoor

"Commercial Manager"

Pros

great crew, loved my customers and accounts

Cons

sexist district managers, no room for advancement, you can work and work and work and youll just stay in the same position with no raise

Other Employee Reviews for Advance Auto Parts

"Worst corporation I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager

I have been working at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on parts is sadly the only perk I can think of at all.

Cons

Embarrassingly low pay(less than fast food). When we are hiring and people inquire as to how much we pay, the general response is laughter. I am not sure if this is company wide but we are literally forced to hire people at a lower starting pay than McDonald's, even if the candidate is very qualified with multiple ASE certifications. Our workload has tripled over the last 18 months and our reward has been no raises for the last 2 years. Also our prices have sky rocketed and it's getting out of hand, local grocery stores are killing us on oil by over $1 a quart and our DL tried to say it was because of their buying power, sure Ingle's and Food Lion have more oil buying power than Advance Auto.

Advice to Management

At the ridiculous rate you think you can pay people this company will fold within 10 years. People that have no clue about automotive repair can't sell parts, it's that simple. Basic math, if you drop pay by $1 an hour you "Save" $40 a week per employee right? WRONG! Because that person you just hired in at a bargain just lost you 1k in one day by not knowing jack about what they were selling. And that also goes for higher management, DL and up. If you want to "lead" a district of professional auto parts sales people, you might want to figure out what a brake rotor is or what a spark plug does.

2. "Lack of Professionalism, integrity, ethics and leadership"

I worked at Advance Auto Parts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are good team members working there. Helping customers.

Cons

Many of their General Managers are just "bluffing it". They lack professionalism, integrity, ethics, human resources background. Some of their GMs like mine are just about bluffing it. He lacks of organizational skills, fairness when it comes to treat people, he seems to pass responsibility of customers issues to others. He does not give recognition nor he is sympathetic towards team members having issues in their lives and try to work with them. Very much lack of interest on helping team members in that way. No work-life balance at all.

Advice to Management

You are giving team members a whole lot of Auto Parts training. Unfortunately you are lacking to train the main person in the store, the General Managers and mainly on how to treat your people so these team members at the end can be more productive just for the fact that they are grateful. Remember people is the best asset in an organization. General Managers are the level where all communication breaks down in your company.