Advanced Correctional Healthcare - A company that cares | Glassdoor

"A company that cares"

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Feeling of ownership. Ability to make changes. Flexible. Family feel - company takes care of their employees. With the rapid growth there's lots of room for promotion. Always something new coming out from the corporate office.

Cons

Company is spread across 17 states so it's hard to know what's going in the corporate office sometimes. Manager expectations are set high.

Advice to Management

Do a better job in communicating to us in the field. Ask site nurses for input into processes.

Advanced Correctional Healthcare Response

Apr 22, 2015 – HR Generalist II

Thank you for your review. We have two websites - our ADP and our own website that we use to communicate to our employees. We encourage all employees to check these sites often as they contain... More

Other Employee Reviews for Advanced Correctional Healthcare

"So far, it has been a friendly environment"

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time

Pros

Great people to work with; steady work flow

Cons

Monotony of work; sense of mistrust of employees by owners...EVERYONE is hourly except for senior leadership. They do other things like take away the use of the 'reply to all' button on your email, very juvenile in a lot of ways. Also, very limited room for growth, if any. This is a small company and there is no place for me to really move up to unless they create a new position.

Advice to Management

Give your good employees the benefit of the doubt. Some are experts in their fields and should be treated as such.

Advanced Correctional Healthcare Response

Feb 18, 2015 – HR Generalist II

Thank you for your review. As a company focused on continuous improvement, the feedback we receive from Glassdoor is greatly valued. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy working with our team... More

"Enjoying this company"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company makes sure that their employees are taken care of. Upper management has no issue speaking with a "lower tier" employee about an issue. Emailed questions are always answered promptly.
     Dr. Johnson the CEO takes call even when he's on vacation! The Physicians are a phone call away at all times. They are great about educating on an issue that you may know little about.

There is always a custody officer with you while dealing with inmates, unlike working at the state level prison setting.

The pay and benifits are the best in my area.

It is nice knowing that I work for a company that I am not just "a warm body to fill a position".

It is Correctional healthcare. Make sure you do your homework before entering this type of healthcare field. You have to be firm, fair, and consistent at all times.

Cons

I have none at this time. Any concerns I have had during my employeement have been taken care of immediately when brought to a supervisors attention.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great friendly environment. The Providers who educate are my favorite to call on an issue that I am concerned about with a patient.