Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) - If you are young do not let them sell you into Resourcing or Recruitment, they will sell it to you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advanced Resource Managers (ARM)

"If you are young do not let them sell you into Resourcing or Recruitment, they will sell it to you"

Former Employee - Senior Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)
Former Employee - Senior Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

everyone who starts work for ARM must go through the Training programme which I must say is good, partly down to they have a good recruitment Trainer

Cons

They miss sell you the role, they have a very high staff turnover, there are a number of employees who are trying to leave. I was sold on ARM's expansion plans and did not agree with their silly KPI's and targets - I started getting depressed as supposed to motivated. Managers don’t do as much as they could, they are constantly on your back asking how many minutes have you spent on the phone to candidates – this is just absurd. Over all, they have some real issues. There are only a very small handful that are carrying ARM on their shoulders and making a success of their careers. If you are currently working for ARM, use it for its training and experience then get out asap !

Advice to Management

change the whole resourcing structure and they way staff are treated. If you are a Manager working for ARM then you are a failure that is trying to make it in ARM.

Other Employee Reviews for Advanced Resource Managers (ARM)

1. "So far so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with ARM for four months and can honestly say I love it. There is an incredibly positive and generous culture within the company - you wouldn't believe the amount of rewards, prizes, vouchers and even the odd £50 note which gets given away. There are some lovely people here, many of whom are really engaged with everything that my manager and I are doing.

Cons

Technology is a little cumbersome and frustrating, compared with what I'm used to, but I understand why processes and IT policies need to be locked down, as we're dealing with personal information.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's incredibly refreshing for management to take the time to say 'thank you' - even Mike, the CEO, stops by to thank you for a job well done. It makes such a difference!

2. "A lot better agencies out there"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Run frequent incentive schemes quarterly (trips away, time off, financial rewards) but the same 5 or 6 people win every time.
    - Have a core group of 5-10 great recruiters across the company. These people are generally kept as Consultants rather than promoted to management (trapped by the commission!) and are very good in encouraging others.
    - The possibility to earn some very good money! The top 5 or so recruiters will be earning excellent commission.
    - Very friendly people

Cons

- Constantly changing procedures
    - incentive schemes seem geared up to continually reward the same people rather than new people joining and growing desks.
    - Management stuck in the past. The Management of the business have almost entirely been successful recruiters in the 90's but have little idea of day-to-day recruitment today.
    - Very aggressive sales focus with KPI's for every metric you could imagine. The approach is very much driven to getting as much volume out the door with the hope something will stick rather than considered on what your desk would benefit most from.
    - Extremely cut throat. I have seen people paraded as hero's one quarter for achieve 200% to target and then put on performance review the next. In my team of 10-15 people, 5 of us were stable in our roles there with the other desks constantly filled with new people given a few months to bill and then replaced if not successful.

Advice to Management

Trust your consultants to do what is best for their desks.
    Re-design the KPI's.
    Invest more time in your trainees and new starters. Give them more time.