Advantage Business Media - I truly valued my employment and position at ABM and regret that I was laid off. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Business Media

"I truly valued my employment and position at ABM and regret that I was laid off."

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

ABM provides its employees with autonomy to perform their job in a way that fits their own personal way of doing business. I enjoyed being given the independence to control my own performance and success which enabled me to be at 97% to plan (when the company as a whole was 71% to revenue goal) when I was laid off.

Cons

I found that while ABM had the right intentions (to be successful and profitable as a relatively new company) the leadership and management team lacked the ability to put a plan in place to achieve success and see it through. Their "throw it at the wall and see what sticks" approach created feelings of uncertainty and insecurity company wide.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the leadership and management team's ability to hire talent from many different backgrounds and feel that it makes for a diversified company with opportunities to learn from peers. Keep it up!

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Business Media

"Great Place to work, as long as you work hard"

Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager in Madison, WI

Pros

ABM is a good place to work but you have to be self-sufficient and motivated.

-Laid back atmosphere
    -Possibility to make EXCELLENT starting wage
    -Excellent benefits package
    -Opportunities for travel
    -Coworkers are helpful and eager to teach

Cons

-Training is poor, you have to be good at learning on the fly and have a natural ability to work in this atmosphere.
    -Some sales people are caddy and dramatic, but don't bother you if you don't bother them
    -Management will come down on you hard if you are not doing your job

Advice to Management

Seek out employee feedback more often

2. "I have nothing but nice things to say about the company since being hired its soared above my expectations"

Current Employee - IT Operations Director in Rockaway, NJ
    Current Employee - IT Operations Director in Rockaway, NJ

I have been working at Advantage Business Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a great company to work for, great co-workers, respectful understanding managers, pleasant environment, fantastic opportunity for a writer or editor looking for meaningful work

Cons

there are no cons to working for this company if you are motivated and not negative its really a diamond in the rough I am elated to work here

Advice to Management

keep up the good work and keep focus on making new customers happy and the most relevant digital business growth trends