Advantage Solutions - Retail Merchandising | Glassdoor

"Retail Merchandising"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Retail Merchandising in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Travel east coast, some benefits

Cons

PM shift, Not organized, Cutting wedges

Advice to Management

My advice would be to do employee progress checks, actually come in contact with your employees, new employee training programs. Most of all do not use temporary services, and take care of the employees who stick around to get the job done. I use to love my job, but now with all the pay cuts and long time friends / associates leaving for new employment no so much. The work is hard with 12 hour nights, but with not good pay....that seems to decrease monthly. Instead of hiring full time employees they bring in temporary services with people with no training. I have never meet my supervisor in person in the 5 years I've been with the company. Forget it if u have a problem .....HR takes forever and payroll is a headache. Its a job......and I am thankful for it!! I just know it can be more if management was more involved with the process, and concerned about the employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Easy but frustrating"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As an Event Specialist you make $10 per hour for basically non-skilled. Part-time.

Cons

Manger spends 98% of time in office doing some kind of computer work. Totally unaware of misuse of employee break times, meal breaks and eating of samples. Advancement to "Lead" gets you 50 cents raise (raises can takes months to catch up) and yet you have not authority. Otherwise no raises for longevity.

Advice to Management

Apparently demands by upper management require store mgr. to stay in office. Your "one day on floor" policy doesn't give you any idea of what is actually happening.

"Not worth it"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Moberly, MO
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Moberly, MO

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much really. Just a lot of customer interaction. Good for college students, flexible, but too many days off can get boring.

Cons

A lot. The insurence for this job is a joke too. You get paid bi-weekly and they take about $300 for just dental and health alone. Although $11 wasn't bad for dental. You work solo a lot. At the mercy of store manager's and supervisors. Lack of caring about health violations, sanatizing cart. No pay raise, no vacation for part-timers like me. I am still struggling to support myself with this job. Have applied elsewhere. Cost of living raise, no. Still stuck at the same pay when you start. Work between 0-45+ hours. Holiday's get hours cut.

Advice to Management

Can't really say much for improvement..