Advantage Solutions - Mid level Management organization support to their teams in larger territories needs change. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Mid level Management organization support to their teams in larger territories needs change."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Awesome company culture and beliefs. Love and believe their Mission statement.
2. Lots of categorical opportunities available to work for this company.
3. Mileage and/or drive time pay back, extremely better than other competitive industries.
4. Paid for your administrative time after collecting information on-site.
5. Love the website. You will stay well-informed on what is happening in the company.
6. Do pay for out of pocket expense with printing and paper used for call reports. (slow, and have to be persistent with request...but they do pay)
7. It appears that they do really care about their associates.
8. Under new Presidential and vice presidential leadership. I read their goals and believe that there are some positive changes they want to make and continue to grow ASM.
9. Love the training videos!!!!
10. Interpersonal message from Tonya Dormier. She seems to care. I like her presence and experience.
11. If you are short of work hours for that week and the following, you can pull opportunities from your schedule tab as long as there are opportunities
12. I love the trust of managing my own assignments.
13. Great “Starter Job” if you are returning to work, with some retail, auditing, computer, math and/or some college background experience or if you want a little extra pocket change.

I know they are on the right track and have met one person who took over one of the territories I was temporarily covering, who had been with ASM for over 4 years part-time as a student and had an amiable personality.

Cons

Cons:

1. Mission and Vision statement needs to trickle down and be cohesive with management.
2. Response time to Human Resource recruiter calls for upgrade/promotion.

I had the opportunity to move to a full time rep position after 2 ½ months part-time with ASM, and was held back based on slow communication from my district manager. I wanted to work and needed the full-time job with possible benefits and potential management advancement; to take care of myself. I need the stability of funds and a future.

3. Low start pay vs experience.
4. Advancement slow
5. Territorial Group incentives and motivations?
6. After 3 months and receiving emails from other managers, I have problems deciphering who exactly is my immediate boss. (?) I receive faster feedback from upper than I do with immediate.
7. Scheduling. I thought my immediate manager scheduled my jobs. Then 4 months later, I find out that he knows nothing about what I do. (?) What is wrong with this picture? Weekly or bi-weekly meetings would help to know where we all are as a team. (Don’t you think?)
8. Hours are sporadic. So, be sure to look for opportunities in your scheduler and be quick about accepting. This is Retail. I’ve been in the (retail) business since 1980.
9. Just when you think you have enough hours to make money, an email will come to let you know your hours have reduced drastically. (Pro) But that’s okay; you can pull opportunities from your schedule tab as long as there are opportunities available.
10. No Meetings
11. Who are my co-workers? We should at least, have a team meet or even a team social page.
12. Who are my immediate team supports? I've never been introduced to them. We should be introduced to these people at least once by email.

Advice to Management

Sometimes company can have the right idea and grow way too fast but do not have the right teams to continue on track...

Make sure that you have the right amount of management per staff to handle a territory. I think in kindergarten and daycare terms. The territories may need to be split so that managers are able to communicate with their staff. Each district or territory manager needs an assistant and possibly a mentor underneath them to work on their behalf.

I am a young ½ centurion. I hope and want to stay with this company for the next 1/2 century of my life. ASM has been and continues to incorporate ideas not only from above and from their grade card. We should - as part of ASM – feel free to give uniformly acceptable evaluations to assist our company.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Once a great job........"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser/Peer Trainer in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser/Peer Trainer in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting Clients with great products. Wonderful support from other sales reps (part time "support" from management). Flexible work environment.

Cons

•once a great company to work for before getting so big. The bigger the company grew during the last 25 years the more impersonal and greedy they became.

•legitimate profits not enough for those at the top...they feel it necessary to also make money off the backs of employees by cutting benefits (car program for example) and giving either no raises to already underpaid employees or raises so low that after taxes paychecks are actually lower than before.

•job expectations grow…stress grows...no one cares. Every level of employee is just trying to survive. Results from good intentions from management rarely are permanent.

Advice to Management

Wake up and stop stepping on good employees with your greed. Reverse policy that says if you leave the company for any reason the company gets to take any spiff or bonus money you earned while employed (and is already paid by the client). I cant help but wonder who pocketed the $2000 I had coming when I retired.

"hot mess"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Jacksonville, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Jacksonville, AL

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was not any pros to the position I had other than the Super Fridge girls( who are actually seperate from ASM) were really sweet and willing to work with you and the stores.

Cons

Offered full-time for some teams and after we all fought for the postions, the ones that got it were later dropped down to part-time again without benefits and without notice.
    Liked to change our teams because of the company expenses... said they were paying us too much to do our route... dropping some of us down to only one or two stores. The drive to the store was actually longer than the job I had to do at the store.
    No communication except the associate website that really doesnt apply to you.

Advice to Management

If you want to roll with the big dogs... other larger corp that you have as customers and have your associate call upon their stores... treat your associate with respect. They are human, they have bills, families, and everything else you do. Make more full time positions and benefits and get an outstanding reputation like these other large corp. When people drop like flies because you do not treat them well, other companies view that negativly. So don't wonder why so many teams get kicked out of a lot of stores. Theres an issue that you choose to ignore.