Advantage Solutions - Event Specialist | Glassdoor

"Event Specialist"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Lynchburg, VA
Current Employee - Event Specialist in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great growing company and they really care about their team

Cons

This is not a job to base your first income off of. This is a second job income.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Mid level Management organization support to their teams in larger territories needs change."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Awesome company culture and beliefs. Love and believe their Mission statement.
    2. Lots of categorical opportunities available to work for this company.
    3. Mileage and/or drive time pay back, extremely better than other competitive industries.
    4. Paid for your administrative time after collecting information on-site.
    5. Love the website. You will stay well-informed on what is happening in the company.
    6. Do pay for out of pocket expense with printing and paper used for call reports. (slow, and have to be persistent with request...but they do pay)
    7. It appears that they do really care about their associates.
    8. Under new Presidential and vice presidential leadership. I read their goals and believe that there are some positive changes they want to make and continue to grow ASM.
    9. Love the training videos!!!!
    10. Interpersonal message from Tonya Dormier. She seems to care. I like her presence and experience.
    11. If you are short of work hours for that week and the following, you can pull opportunities from your schedule tab as long as there are opportunities
    12. I love the trust of managing my own assignments.
    13. Great “Starter Job” if you are returning to work, with some retail, auditing, computer, math and/or some college background experience or if you want a little extra pocket change.

I know they are on the right track and have met one person who took over one of the territories I was temporarily covering, who had been with ASM for over 4 years part-time as a student and had an amiable personality.

Cons

Cons:

1. Mission and Vision statement needs to trickle down and be cohesive with management.
    2. Response time to Human Resource recruiter calls for upgrade/promotion.

I had the opportunity to move to a full time rep position after 2 ½ months part-time with ASM, and was held back based on slow communication from my district manager. I wanted to work and needed the full-time job with possible benefits and potential management advancement; to take care of myself. I need the stability of funds and a future.

3. Low start pay vs experience.
    4. Advancement slow
    5. Territorial Group incentives and motivations?
    6. After 3 months and receiving emails from other managers, I have problems deciphering who exactly is my immediate boss. (?) I receive faster feedback from upper than I do with immediate.
    7. Scheduling. I thought my immediate manager scheduled my jobs. Then 4 months later, I find out that he knows nothing about what I do. (?) What is wrong with this picture? Weekly or bi-weekly meetings would help to know where we all are as a team. (Don’t you think?)
    8. Hours are sporadic. So, be sure to look for opportunities in your scheduler and be quick about accepting. This is Retail. I’ve been in the (retail) business since 1980.
    9. Just when you think you have enough hours to make money, an email will come to let you know your hours have reduced drastically. (Pro) But that’s okay; you can pull opportunities from your schedule tab as long as there are opportunities available.
    10. No Meetings
    11. Who are my co-workers? We should at least, have a team meet or even a team social page.
    12. Who are my immediate team supports? I've never been introduced to them. We should be introduced to these people at least once by email.

Advice to Management

Sometimes company can have the right idea and grow way too fast but do not have the right teams to continue on track...

Make sure that you have the right amount of management per staff to handle a territory. I think in kindergarten and daycare terms. The territories may need to be split so that managers are able to communicate with their staff. Each district or territory manager needs an assistant and possibly a mentor underneath them to work on their behalf.

I am a young ½ centurion. I hope and want to stay with this company for the next 1/2 century of my life. ASM has been and continues to incorporate ideas not only from above and from their grade card. We should - as part of ASM – feel free to give uniformly acceptable evaluations to assist our company.

"review of business development sales manager position"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

decent salary, good benefits, that is about all

Cons

overworked, company does not care about employees, they care about their clients

Advice to Management

back your people