Advantage Solutions - Not bad | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser
Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good for my area. Set own hours as long as job is completed by dead line.

Cons

A lot of mileage put on car. They pay milleage, but the pay is getting ready to go down. Not very many hours even for part time. I get an average of 10 hours a week.

Advice to Management

I have not had any issues with my current manager.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

1. "Great company, great people, great experience, great opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Development Manager in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Development Manager in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advantage Sales & Marketing is a great example of what a company should strive to be like. With a workforce of many people who are more than willing to help and teach you understand the CPG business and the sales/marketing world, Advantage Sales & Marketing is a company that offers nothing but optimistic opportunities in positive growth and knowledge.
    Advantage Sales & Marketing takes great pride in adding value to all aspects of our lives by giving great importance to culture and values. With capabilities growing every day, exponential growth has no ceiling here. Great company, great people, great experience, great opportunity.

Cons

Unfortunately, like many occupations tend to do, this company does require you to wake up earlier than on the weekends. Working hard is what we strive to do in order to acquire great successes and that is what we do. We stand by our promise and keep our reputation strong with many clients.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing a great job, the future capabilities of this company grow every day. With our platform getting stronger every quarter, the power of great leadership shows itself.

"Kept in the dark for meaningless work"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advantage hired me right out of college, which was great. Also, I have no complaints about my manager/coach. The LDA position is vastly different depending on your division (sales or marketing) and where you are located. From what I've heard, the marketing LDAs have a much better experience than those in retail. But that really isn't saying much.

Cons

The interviewing and onboarding process was disorganized. I moved to an apartment thinking that I would be working out of an ASM office, which was not the case. Then I was moved into an office with almost no notice. I've seen multiple members of upper management be fired arbitrarily and without tact. Needless to say, I don't get a very strong sense of job security here. I enjoyed marketing in college as an avenue for my creativity; however, ASM is really not a marketing company at all. Instead, I'm tasked with basic administrative duties that wouldn't pose a challenge for an average third-grader.

Advice to Management

Invest more at the CS and DSM level. They may be in the best position to affect positive change in the field, but their salaries do not reflect the amount of responsibility they must shoulder.