Advantage Solutions - Great Company with Great Opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Great Company with Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Category Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Category Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started with the company in the ACE Program as a Leadership Development Associate. This was a fantastic experience and is a great way for recent graduates to get in with a good company. Each ACE class is selected with the thought that they will be future leaders of the company. The talent development team works well the group to help place people after the program is over and makes everyone aware of opportunities within the company. I don’t think many people realize how large the company is and how many offices make up ASM. Also, this type of company provides you with great experience to work for manufacturers or retailors across the country. Other than that the company provides good pay (espeically for someone right out of college) as well as great benefits.

Cons

There are cons in every company. As a part of the ACE program, you can tell that kinks are still being worked out. The program is only a few years and has grown drastically from classes of 20 to 60 to almost 100 people. The company is continuing to learn what works and what doesn’t. Each office will have different problems, but I think the main con is that every office is very different. The culture in one office may not be the same in another which could be difficult when changing positions and working with people in other offices.

Advice to Management

Continue to make improvements. Some people don’t like change but in this growing industry, it is inevitable. It is tough to deal with certain changes, but without it the company would fall behind in the industry. Also, employees are the most important part of the company; treat each one, executive or in-store representative, with the same fairness and opportunities.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Former ACE Leadership Development Associate"

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ACE program is an excellent entry-level training program in an interesting industry. While it is sometimes apparent that the program is still relatively new and therefore developing and adjusting, it provides incredible (and early) upper-management exposure new college grads. I felt like it was easy to stand out and be noticed for my work, and I was able to get plenty of attention from mentors and managers alike. I feel like I've truly launched a career after my time in the ACE program and would highly recommend it to anyone, especially those who have a diverse or varied skill set.

Cons

For the ACE program in particular, it was not apparent that I would be spending so much time in grocery stores merchandising the products. While this is the best way to learn about the industry, it was not clearly stated during the hiring process that this would be my primary duty. The hiring process also seemed unorganized and sporatic.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the young talent in the industry. It is incredibly motivating when upper management takes a sincere and noticable interest in career advancements, and is certain to help the retention rate.

2. "Leadership Development Associate"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Foxboro, MA
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Foxboro, MA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with Advantage is great. There really is a great team like atmosphere and room for growth within the company. Also, they love hiring from witthin which makes it possible to persue careers in you area of interest. Also, their is a great work environment where good work is noticed and rewarded.

Cons

You may have to relocate to different areas to persue the career you want