Advantage Solutions - ASM provides a great environment to work, and a great place to grow a career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Solutions

"ASM provides a great environment to work, and a great place to grow a career."

Current Employee - LDA
Current Employee - LDA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ASM offered flexible schedules for working parents and students. Management communicates a clear vision for the future of both the company and the industry. Growth is evident, as can be seen in the rapid expansion of ACE (career development program) and consistent opportunities available in the job postings.

Cons

The general public may find it hard to understand this business, and ASM may find it difficult to attract new talent to the industry. With ASM's ACE program, the company is growing its base of young talent, which is a great start to addressing this potential issue.

Advice to Management

Through my time at ASM, I have noticed plenty of unused talent. Tapping into this talent along with bringing in new talent through ACE will be key to sustained growth.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

1. "Great Company for Talent Development"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advantage is a great company because there are so many opportunities to grow my career. With over 30,000 associates, there are many different outlets which I can grow professionally. This company is growing and investing in future talent. The ACE Program gives me the opportunity to learn while I gain valuable field experience. I am lucky to be a part of this program.

Cons

Because the company is so large, it is hard to determine an exact career path.

2. "A great introduction to the CPG industry"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ACE leadership development program is a great career launching pad for recent college graduates. Whether you aspire to go into Marketing, Sales, HR, Category Mgt or have no clue what direction you would like to go in, you will definately gain an abundace of inside knowlege about the CPG industry. In the retail sales program you get to experience life working in the field as a retail merchandiser as well as a taste of what it will be like when you transition out of the program into a permanent role within the company through shadowing your assigned coach. Working in the field will be extremely helpful as you advance within your career as you will be able to learn different ways brands drive customer sales at the store level as well as how they use food brokers such as ASM to do so.

Cons

Retail days can be mentally and physically exhausting at times.
    Position includes a lot of driving.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in training and developing new talent.
    Create more programs to help recognize and motivate employees in the field.
    Ensure that there are enough positions available for associates to transition into at the end of their program.