Advantage Solutions - Very exciting company with a unique, entrepreneurial spirit. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Very exciting company with a unique, entrepreneurial spirit."

Current Employee - Senior Business Development and Client Service Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Advantage is an exciting place to work becuase of how it is continually innovating and evolving as an organization, adding new capabilities and services. For example, 12 years ago it did not have any true marketing and today it has a top-ranked full-service agency representing a quarter of the business. Responsible for this is Advantage's entrepreneurial spirit; the culture is to proactively think through issues with clients and search for ways to deliver more value through a customized or creative solution. This is harder to do, but delivers better results. And it makes for a much more rewarding career at every level, because you are always doing things differently, not performing "lather, rinse, and repeat" by rote.

Cons

Sales and marketing agencies like Advantage focus on building their clients' brands vs. promoting themeslves to prosepective clients and employees. As a result, to someone unfamiliar with the industry, Advantage doesn't have the same name recognition or cache that a big CPG company has, despite its similar size and retail influence.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to get our message out more broadly. Twenty years ago SMAs were known as "food brokers" with limited services and were only really used to save money. Today, we are all about delivering improved effectiveness and efficiencies. We do so much more than we used to, use cutting-edge tools, and play a such a strategic role with the clients we service.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

1. "I have been able to advanced my career at by asking for and being open to new locations and job expieriences."

Current Employee - Category Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Category Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great People, Ethical in business dealings, Solid Client base, Forward thinking to next big thing. Cutting edge with tools to analyze the business which creates efficiencies in the work process. Great teamwork in the same office and across the country.

Cons

Communication from top levels has improved but need to continue to focus on, challenges with remote employees to feel part of a team.

Advice to Management

Continue to make improvements on communication platforms to employees keeping in mind the large number of remote employees.

"No promotions"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working alone avoids micromanaging. Working various locations is exciting.

Cons

Management disconnected and spread too thin