Advantage Solutions - No growth opportunity, Merchandisers beware. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Solutions

"No growth opportunity, Merchandisers beware."

Former Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in San Diego, CA

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible, good for a second job to fill in hours with your other and better job that's to say that you have one.

Cons

No raises, no promotions, crappy attitude from employees, no recognition, don't expect this to be a career cause you could probably have a better time working at McDonalds. You gotta buy your own supplies (pens, pencils, tape measures, etc.) This job will wear out your knees if you dont have knee pads which the company wont provide.

Advice to Management

Money grubbers lining the pockets of higher ups. Merchandisers do all the hard work and get paid moot. Something really wrong with a company when it ignores their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Don't jump through hoops to work here"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work doing demos the products and store are good so that makes it tolerable for the pay especially if your a student.

Cons

The red tape is endless. The trainings are irrelevant. The direct manager depending on stores are racist and use favoritism.

Advice to Management

Actually go to your territory stores and talk to the employees

"Great part time job"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learn something new every day, and get the opportunity to work with great people everyday! My checks are never late, I have a very positive respect for my DM and feel that she genuinely cares about all of her employees. This is a company I trust as I did a lot of research before I ever put my application in. My experience thus far has been mostly positive.

Cons

Part time hours, need a full time work.

Advice to Management

Communicate the importance of getting to know your management. I walk in as a professional and introduce myself at every location I am sent to. This is very important as half the store Directors do not understand that we are in their stores to help with sales, raise product awareness and build customer relationships. I have had many of those store directors tell me they do not know their event specialist or had no idea what company we work for, some feel we are a nuisance and I believe the introduction is the easiest way for your employees to open the door in a positive way. Otherwise a liaison should introduce employees when they are going to their home store for the first week to help build confidence for both parties.