Advantage Solutions - Company seemed okay, but local management was too much | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Company seemed okay, but local management was too much"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Honolulu, HI
Former Employee - Event Specialist in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

For part-time, unskilled labor, this Demo job was fairly easy and paid pretty well. I liked that I never had to work for longer than 6.5 hours from late morning, and that I got a guaranteed 30 -minute break with two 10-minute breaks. The customers could be annoying sometimes, but generally they were manageable. The coworkers were pretty nice too.

Cons

The local manager was just too much. Plus, the job is very weekend intensive; expect to work every Saturday in addition to a Friday or Sunday every week (sometimes Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

Advice to Management

Try to calm down and stop sweating the workers; oftentimes these products sell themselves. At other times, a happy worker can sell these products; but if the workers are not happy, then they won't sell as well.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Depends on the team"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Detroit, MI

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independence, working with people, Travel.

Cons

Lack of opportunity, If you aren't on a good customer team, ie, chain stores, dealing with the gas stations and mom and pop stores are frustrating. If you don't have a garage, the amount of samples you have to store at home can be ridiculous.

Advice to Management

The stores we were sent to needed to be vetted.

"Started with Campaigners, Lost All Status when ASM stepped in..."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Miami, FL

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I started as an Epson representative in CompUSA stores and the pay was amazing, the hours were great, management was incredibly helpful and involved and I received a great deal of assistance from my district and regional managers. We had weekly conference calls, and then individual calls to discuss progress and the possibility of moving up. CompUSA stopped doing the program, so I lost my regular spot, but my manager knew what a hard worker I was and fought to get me placement in other areas. I still worked almost every weekend filling in for various people that needed the day off. Then, ASM acquired Campaigners, my manager was no longer my manager and no one explained the transition to any of us at all. That is where the cons began...

Cons

... I received a new manager that could never remember my name and asked me the same questions over and over. He would schedule me for something and then I would get a call the day before canceling the event. It was money I really needed at the time, so I stayed on, but eventually, the hours and the help from conference calls completely dried up. I repeatedly said I wanted to remain on staff and be called for any and every substitute shift or long-term option that became available. I had been a loyal employee for more than 3 years, and then they just laid me off from the team one day, and I only found out because I got a letter from the office of unemployment asking me to verify that I had "quit." That was another hassle, because I had to go through a process to prove that I was not quit, but apparently laid-off without my knowledge. I only give this company two stars because my experience with Campaigners was worth 5 stars. ASM is a one-star (if that) company.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the "little people" that make your jobs and livelihoods possible. Learn our names. Don't change online systems and policies every few months to a point that it is so confusing, people need to reach out to management multiple times to get help.