Advantage Solutions - Food Demo Associate | Glassdoor

"Food Demo Associate"

Current Employee - Food Demo
Current Employee - Food Demo

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best thing is they pay decent; you get paid to do reports online and any online training; and they really encourage documenting all administrative time to get paid for it whether it is checking schedules, email or a phone conversation with your manager. It is all online work, besides the food demo itself. It is a pretty independent job.

Cons

The con is just standing on your feet for long hours and sometimes you get a boring product with no coupons or demonstration, but overall, it is very good for part-time work.

Advice to Management

There is nothing to complain about. Management is very organized. Sometimes, just need more work.

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Since promotion, horrible experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great part-time pay, working with a team (in store), working with store management to get a goal accomplished.

Cons

Expensive benefits, little communication, unless something is wanted from you, and salaried employees are taken advantage of. The company expects too much for such a small salary. If I had known how much the company expects from salaried employees, I would not have taken the position.

Advice to Management

Give raises, show some concern and reach out to employees to make sure they are happy. Also, if you want people to be happy in a position, don't give them so much work to do that they get overwhelmed and feel they are being over worked and under payed. You run a multi million dollar corporation with offices around the world, use your resources to help your employees.

"Office Position with Advantage Sales and Marketing"

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time

Pros

The 7 minute commute to work,most of my co-workers were pleasant to work with. I have nothing good to say about the company itself.

Cons

I worked in one of the ASM offices, not as an RSM or demo person. That being said, my "favorite" con from working for ASM was having to wait in the parking lot until a manager arrived at the office to let us into the building! 20 degrees out? Too bad, wait in the car. 95 degrees out? Too bad, wait in the car. Pretty sure background checks are completed so that you don't have to worry about your employees stealing confidential information from the office. And if the reason for making us wait outside was so that we wouldn't have to be paid overtime, then you should have made everyone in the office salaried. But apparently half the office wasn't worthy of being salaried??

I know this is a common complaint that any former employee will have but compensation was absolutely horrible if you were not in a management position. The word "raise" does not in exist in the ASM culture.

It's difficult to enjoy coming to work when it is very obvious that your own boss would rather be dead on the side of the road than come into the office. The eye rolls were endless. (This is in regards not to my most recent boss but one before that, in the same office.)

In my office of about 35 people, almost 20 employees left the company within a 2 year time period. These are people who left on their own, to move on to better jobs, none were fired/let go. Instead of wasting so much time and money on hiring new people, I suggest improving the "quality of life" at the office so you don't have as much turnover.

The constant talk from upper mgmt in my office about ASM being "transparent" was such BS. There was so much secrecy and whisper whisper behind closed doors that it became a running joke among us "minions."

I also hated that we were being controlled by a headquarters located 3,000 miles from us in California, but I am the one who chose to work for a huge national company that doesn't give a crap about the individuals. ASM acts like they are interested in you but it's only if you increase sales that quarter.

Benefits are standard for full-time employees. Nothing special.

To the CEO, Tanya Domier: your blog is lame. I'm sorry, it's so fake and forced and it made me dislike you even more than before you started it. And a blog should be updated weekly, not once in a blue moon. Honestly, some of my co-workers and I would get so anxious to read your new blog entries just so that we could rip it to pieces.

I feel like working for this company was a waste of almost 3 years of my life. I don't think that I have learned anything seriously useful that could be used in the future in my career. But hey, thanks for helping me pay the rent and bills!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better. Both part-time and full-time employees. Don't treat us as disposable.