Advantage Solutions - What happened to ASM? | Glassdoor

"What happened to ASM?"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Retail Sales Merchandiser in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not having to report to an office everyday is the reason I stay with ASM. Also, the benefit of vacation and holiday time that ASM offers cannot be matched by any other food broker.

Cons

Lack of promotion availabilities', lack of a car allowance and a gas amount that actually covers the use of your personal auto

Advice to Management

Look at your retail reps and remember that we are the face of ASM!

Other Employee Reviews for Advantage Solutions

"Very friendly and a very fast pace environment."

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Gardena, CA
    Current Employee - Event Specialist in Gardena, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I would say the best reason of working for the company is giving all employees the equal chance to grow .

Cons

They're aren't really any challages to to the job quite simple and understanding once you get the feel of it.

Advice to Management

Incredible job.

"Great Company for innovative ideas, but watch out after the programs start to make money for ASM"

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

2007 - 2012 Very open about ideas regarding program launches. Encouraged ideas and had a bottom to top business model. Believed that those in the trenches knew how best to handle issues in the trenches but then....

Cons

Company began changing its business model and work-life balance changed to all work - no life. You had two days off, but were "expected" to complete tasks even if you were off. Human Resources department changed as well. As managers, we were encouraged to ask questions regarding personnel issues; however, those questions soon became ammunition to dig around and create chaos, confusion and unnecessary fear among employees. Upper management wanted "true" numbers regarding execution but were unwilling or unable to provide solutions or support if your numbers were not up to standard...

Advice to Management

There used to be a promote from within culture with ASM... Now it seems that the hiring is going to younger, more inexperienced people. I don't know if that is so you can pay less for middle management positions, but it's difficult to win battles when your team has never been in a battle. Remember, if you hire in desperation, you will be desperate. You get what you pay for... Value your people, they are what grows the business.