Adventist Health System - Good place to work overall. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Adventist Health System

"Good place to work overall."

Current Employee - Technician in Calhoun, GA
Current Employee - Technician in Calhoun, GA

Pros

Gordon is a small hospital with a family type atmosphere. Environment is low pressure and low stress for the most part.

Cons

Gordon is a church-based non profit hospital. As such advancement seems to be proffered on those who are a part of the church.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive in attracting top surgeons to our hospital.

Other Employee Reviews for Adventist Health System

"Stable and relatively enjoyable place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Winter Park, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Winter Park, FL

Pros

If you have the opportunity to actually work in one of their hospitals the experience can be very rewarding if you enjoy the idea of helping others. The atmosphere is typically that of a family and there are many people who truly do care to help those that are in need. The organization is financially healthy and a clear vision directs the different divisions.

Cons

The company is growing and as a result there are significant growing pains. Sometimes it seems that some teams don't understand the organization vision and therefore appear disorganized and performing things that are unclear. Since those teams don't communicate their rationale behind their direction it creates even more misunderstandings and battles between teams that are mostly unproductive. In my opinion this behavior is a result of mid-level management battling with each other.

Advice to Management

Although I know it isn't always the job of senior management to step in and manage mid-level managements day to day issues, but I think it would be great if they did. I have seen several instances where this has happened and with great results. I wish this could be done with more teams.

"Gordon Hospital An Asset to the Adventist Health System"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Calhoun, GA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Calhoun, GA

Pros

Team work is a priority. For the most part the employees are supportive, helpful and excellent to work with. The atmosphere is one of caring. The different units pull together to work for the best outcome for our patients. The hospital tries very hard to meet the community needs and to grow in different specialty areas.

Cons

If you do have a concern and you take it to your immediate supervisor, the problem is not kept confidential. The work schedules do not accomodate family holidays; however, if you have a family problem the management is very accomodating.

Advice to Management

The employees should have the ability to offer input about their units. More opportunities for workshops to better the care given and broaden our knowledge base should be offered.