Adventist Health System - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adventist Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love the people here, they really care about our patients. This is true from management down to the janitor. Financially things are tough at times, but we do not cut corners when it come to patient care.

Cons

I think we are cutting to close to the bone at times. Salaries have not kept pace. I will have to start looking soon, even though I really do not want to leave.

Advice to Management

Adjusted pay scales would be nice. If I live in Florida, the salary I m being paid would be great. But in Chicago it makes it difficult.

Other Employee Reviews for Adventist Health System

1. "Proper utilization of IT and Informatics personel accountabilites for salary they make."

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Adventist Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong organization combining medical science, faith,preventative health, and nutrition for proper management of longevity and reduction of long term medical costs to our "system".

Cons

Improper evaluation of employees and departments upon obtaining new hospitals to retain employees just because they were there, and improper evaluation of salaries either up or down based on skills, accountability, work history at what they REALLY did before Adventist took over. Management decisions based on nepotism or because of who they know, not the job they do and accompaning salaries fair for those interjected into a department with a higher pay with degree qualifications that do not match.

Advice to Management

To re-evaluate IT personell in the West Florida Branch (newly acquired IT and Informatics personel) to reduce there salaries or offer a position in their field in college rather than relying on heresay of what they did and didn't do before Adventist acquistion or because a spouse or relative has a higher position and they were placed there PREVIOUSLY before AHS acquistion. Re-application of job qualifications, degree, and appropriate salary (not adjusted upward for the new department IT, because they came from another department making a much higher salary and did not have the creditials or expertise, Plainly the IT designated person was not knowlegable, lazy or did not care, making own hours, larger than normal IT salary, lazy, not accountable and fixing problems at the time. Why is that person there???? Get rid of the FAT or reduce pay accordingly! Sincerely and from the heart for proper personel management! I believe AHS is a good organization IF they are fair and work staff like they're suppose to with salaries comensurate with title and jobs experience.

"Challenging, Innovative Tenure"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Adventist Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always something to do; Management and Staff are the best; People centric corporation;

Cons

Proliferation of the Seventh Day Adventist beliefs on the entire corporation's staff. Saturday Sabbath, no pork, with little or no regard for other Christian beliefs.

Advice to Management

Staff that are in the trenches at the front line Hospitals, have knowledge on how processes and what works well in their piece of the domain. Not everything fits in every facility.