Adventist HealthCare - Great people to work with! Very much team oriented. Everyone worked together for the good of the patients! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Adventist HealthCare

"Great people to work with! Very much team oriented. Everyone worked together for the good of the patients!"

Current Contractor - Administrative Receptionist in Portland, OR
Current Contractor - Administrative Receptionist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Adventist HealthCare as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a contract job so I wasn't paid very much but I didn't mind because it was a great atmosphere to work in. Everyone was constantly trying to find ways to better service the patients. The office I was in was laid back which made for a stress free environment. When the census was large everyone was busy but never to the point of stressed out. Also, they are really great about time off.

Cons

There was some office drama, but what office doesn't have that? I would have liked to see more communication across different departments. They were very separated, and it made it difficult to work together when we needed too.

Other Employee Reviews for Adventist HealthCare

"Poor work expectations - overworked and under staffed"

Current Employee - Strategic Systems in Gaithersburg, MD
    Current Employee - Strategic Systems in Gaithersburg, MD

I have been working at Adventist HealthCare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Misery must love company, there are wonderful people working for this organization. Top executives are being replaced so there is hope!

Cons

Must be Adventist to rise to any degree within this organization. Executive management starting with the CEO is by far the worst I have ever worked for as they have a slave mentality that belittles and degrades a person self worth.

Advice to Management

Consider acting like a religious bases organization. Treat employees with respect and dignity.

"There is major separation between departments, but all work together for the betterment of the company as a whole."

Former Employee - Program Advisor in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Program Advisor in Rockville, MD

I worked at Adventist HealthCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, caring management

Cons

Not really opportunity for advancement