Advocate Merchant Solutions - Terrible company | Glassdoor

"Terrible company"

Former Contractor - Sales Representative
Former Contractor - Sales Representative

I worked at Advocate Merchant Solutions as a contractor

Pros

There really are no pros here. This was a terrible experience and the company doesn't care about its employees, except for the ones in the corporate headquarters in Fishers, IN. And it looks like they requested their corporate employees write reviews around the 14th of May. The reviews that are all positive are completely fake and read as if it were just marketing material.

Cons

Everything. Lack of training, horrible "mentors", terrible CEO who can't run a business. They simply rely on the turnover of new sales reps to keep their income up. They could care less if you actually make it.Be sure to check if they can actually do business in your state too before you take the job.

Advice to Management

Try running a legitimate business and actually provide the services you say you sell.

Advocate Merchant Solutions Response

May 14, 2014 – Director of Marketing

Dear Former Employee, I am truly sorry for your unfortunate experience. Our sales representatives and merchants are the staple of our business and we are genuinely concerned when an issue or ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Advocate Merchant Solutions

1. "Enjoyable Company Culture"

I have been working at Advocate Merchant Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advopay has a very talented team with great enthusiasm. They will bend over backwards to help you accomplish goals. The pay is generous and they are always adding bonus pay and incentives to keep things interesting. The company does not force or ask you to sell anything that the merchant does not need. You are always looking out for the customer's best interest, and it is expected of you to look out for the customer's best interest.

Cons

Industry competitors have deceived merchants. Sales is not for everyone. You have to be disciplined and have a work ethic.

Advice to Management

The Training was exactly what I was looking for.

2. "Great Company to Work With!"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Advocate Merchant Solutions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everybody seems very knowledgeable about what they do. I can tell that management really takes a lot of pride in this company. Anytime I have ever needed anything there has been somebody there to help me get the correct answers. Outstanding organization.

Cons

I wish I could meet everybody in person. All the employees for this company seem to be very nice people.