Aegis Living - Walking the Talk | Glassdoor

"Walking the Talk"

Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Vice President of Development in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every day, in every meeting, Aegis staff and executives make at least one reference to one of our corporate hallmarks, or symbols, that stand for the compassionate service in a residential environment that we strive for. It really is in our DNA.

Cons

Finding the balance between pragmatic business choices and truly providing the best care by the best care managers possible.

Advice to Management

Not that there isn't more than the typical company in the industry already, but reinforcing to the front line staff and managers how important and valued they really are to us all should remain a priority.

Other Employee Reviews for Aegis Living

1. "A job that provides purpose."

Current Employee - Executive Director in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's not just a job, as it provides purposeful days with great diversity of responsibilities. The job combines healthcare, hotel, and resort type oversight all in one. It's an amazing experience to help residents and their families in a way that is so heartfelt. The company has a founder and owner who is visionary and has set the pace for what other Assisted Livings attempt to follow.

Cons

The industry has more than it's share of scrutiny from State Boarding Home Services.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going; it's the secret sauce!

2. "This Company really cares about its employees and residents."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's very rewarding to work in a place where the company cares about you, and you have an opportunity to make life better for the aging who live in our communities. The company takes its culture very seriously, and it fosters a very positive place to work for employees.

Cons

This industry (assisted living) has very high turnover among employees generally. While Aegis has a much lover rate of employee turnover than its peers, it is still a challenge that the company faces.